Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

Link Problems

What is the trick to using this LINK?  It is HORRIBLE.  I can't get it to make backups at all.  I can't organize my music.  I don't quite understand "sync" because I don't know what it will do if I tell it to sync. I just like to have my own folder of music & copy & paste over to my device but you can't do that with the z10 because the device doesn't show up under My Computer.

This is way too much like the dreaded apple itunes **bleep**. 

The pc is hardly recognizing this device when I use LINK so to begin... how do I make a back up?  When I try, I just get a yellow exclamation telling me it was unsuccessful.

oi

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Link Problems

[ Edited ]

I can steer you to the BB Link forum section here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/bd-p/blackberrylink

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Wow. So many problems listed, I don't even know where to start! That is NO help LoL

Wholly... I'll try to weed through to see what's going on with mine
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Well, I installed the Link update & this program is working no different than before it was updated.

The Link just doesn't work!

I can't make it do a back up. I can't organize files.

Unfortunately, the z10 is no good to you, if you can't make use of it's desktop software.

Should I return the phone? I mean, this is no good to me how it is, so why keep it?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

I suggest calling your carrier for support, and if they are unable to help you then you can get escalated to Blackberry support. Be sure to ask to be escalated if they say they can't help.

To be honest with you I haven't had much luck with BB Link at all either, I found ways around using it.. but I haven't found a way to do everything yet, like backup my device without it. :smileyhappy:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

It is horrible how it organizes music. Puts the ringtones in there. I have always had my music in one folder, now it's all over in different folders that I didn't put it into.

Link seriously sucks. & I still can't back up my device .. even tried uninstalling & reinstalling
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

I don't think you'll hear any arguments against that opinion. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

What version of Windows are you using? There have been issues with Windows 7 and 8 not backing up in some cases.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Actually my favourite "feature" of Link is it dumping all of my synched music that came from an iTunes library on a network share onto my SSD boot drive, which can barely fit the 40GB of music.. and there is no option for me to change where that goes. All I can do is say "Don't back anything up for me because I don't want that crud here!" :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

"What version of Windows are you using? There have been issues with Windows 7 and 8 not backing up in some cases"

I have tired it on xp & win7. I don't have 8. It works ... or should I say Doesn't work.. equally as bad on xp as it does on 7.
Please use plain text.