Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
IbrahimAwwad
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Egypt

Linked contacts

My BB Z10 has linked contacts from several sevices together automatically based on Firs-Second name, it turned out to be that some links are wrong as they are for different people.

Is there any way so I can see all linked contacts and filter them?

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Linked contacts

Hello IbrahimAwwad,

Thank you for your question regarding linked contacts on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

There is currently no way to view only linked contacts. Which version of device software are you using and which types of contacts are being linked? Has this worked correctly for you in the past and had any changes been made around the time the issue began?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
IbrahimAwwad

Dear FozziBear,

I'm having the latest OS10 version, and this is my first time to have such contacts linked together. They are linked from different sources:

- Exchange account

- FB

- LInkedIN

Please use plain text.
LucyLuu
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello,

I am having a similar issue, as of last friday, my contacts are jumbled up and when I look into it, I see that the phone has linked my mom's contact info- in with my neighbors.  When spot checking I see all kinds of random friends/family/co-workers linked up with someone incorrectly.  This is driving me mad and I need to find a resolution soon.  Please help!

Z10/T-Mobile/I've got the latest software, I've powered down and I've removed the battery...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hgerpe
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

So did I. Same problem: contacts get randomly linked and I can't unlink them. Very bad....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
A1981
My Carrier: Rogers, Wind

[ Edited ]

I have the same (or similar) problem. The wrong linking happens when I edit any existing contact or add a new contact. For example, if I have contacts "James Webb" and "Neil Armstrong" (from same or different accounts), and I edit a mobile number to James' contact, suddenly it is linked to Neil Armstrong's number in the Additional Contact Information section and James contact is shown as "Neil Webb" or sometimes "Neil Armstrong"! When you edit the contact, you still see James and Webb as first and last name, but when you cancel or save the edit, it is shown with the wrong name! The same thing happens when you save a new contact by "New Contact" option in the contacts app or from the list of calls.

Quick note that I have the following accounts set-up, I tried removing the accounts and adding them from the scratch but it didn't help (I had the same problem with a subset of the following too):
- Facebook
- Linked In
-Yahoo
- Gmail
- Work email

And finally, I am on OS version 10.2.1.537 but I have had this problem on 10.1 (and maybe even earlier versions) as well.

This is a total disaster and a secuirty risk! BlackBerry, please do something for this!

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
A1981
My Carrier: Rogers, Wind

[ Edited ]

Quick note added to the previous issue.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sambika
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Swisscom

The same mess here. All the contacts from my company are linked in one account. If i unlink the account they are linked again under another account.

Veryvery annoying!!

Any help is more than welcome.

Thx

Please use plain text.
prosite
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

same issue here. this is a business phone- i am loosing clients because i cant get a hold of them, or i call and cant respond in a personable manner because I never know who the phone is calling!
This is a serious issue that needs to be remedied RIGHT AWAY or Blackberry will be the one loosing a client!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
IbrahimAwwad

They have already lost the clients, this linking issue turned my life into hell :smileysad:

Please use plain text.