Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Location of a file

How do I find the location of a file?   On your computer you can check  "Properties" & see that a file might be in C:\Documents and Settings\User1\Desktop\Music, for example.  Or maybe C:\\BlackBerry\My Pictures

I downloaded some ringtones & I just can't locate them when attempting to set notifications.  I can go to main screen & search & they come up.. so they are on the phone Somewhere... where is that somewhere?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Location of a file

[ Edited ]

The best way is to use the search feature when browsing for the ring tone.   The search feature ( magnifiying glass) will appear as soon as you select  Browse Music or Browse Tones.  It is on the bottom of your sreen.

I do not believe there is the windows properties feature on the phone as you described.

I found mine under Music/Ringtones on the device   not the SD card. 

I ended up plugging my phone into my pc and browsed the Device and SD card files to see where they put things so now I know where to look when using my phone.  

Hope this helps .

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Location of a file

[ Edited ]

"  The best way is to use the search feature when browsing for the ring tone.   The search feature ( magnifiying glass) will appear as soon as you select  Browse Music or Browse Tones.  It is on the bottom of your sreen."

Thank you! :smileyvery-happy: I don't know how I missed that. 

Please use plain text.