Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
KalervoMurjuke
My Device: z10

Re: Locked pin-code

I'm from Finland. Got the same message again with my friends sim. I'll try to ask if someone uses another operator. I hope I'll find one and get it working.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

Yes try if you can. The best would be a SIM for a carrier outside Finland as some feel certain countries are prone to this. I'm not sure. Otherwise, realistically, I think you have two places to turn: BBerry or the person you bought the phone from because 99% of the time it's a lost or stolen phone. There are a bunch of free services on line where you can run an IMEI and sometimes, if their data base is up to date, it will tell you if it's been black listed. BTW, you have called your carrier?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KalervoMurjuke

Yes I did call them at one point, but they didn't know anything at all. I'll give them another call and try to get another card. Can I find these services by googling something or what?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

[ Edited ]

Try: @BlackBerryHelp -- twitter or email at help@BlackBerry.com

Did you contact the place where you bought the phone?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
KalervoMurjuke

I've contacted the retailer and they knew nothing. I'll try the email. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

Right, but it is the retailer's responsibility if you find out that the phone has been reporter lost or stolen. You may find yourself asking them again. Where did you get it?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Senad
My Device: Z10

I have encountered the same problem 2 times and same time as many others around Europe. There are phones that are bought sim-free outside major telecom operators, that blackberry blocks intentionally or because they switch network or sim. All blocks happening within the same time period, and none of us have a chance to solve the problem because our mobile carriers have no business relationship with blackberry and blackberry suport would not help us directly. We love Blackberry but is mighty disappointed that Blackberry does is attack on our privacy and thats illegal in our country. They have simply hijacked my phone, 2 times. To lock disappeared himself the first time is just proof that they phones are not stolen. IMEI search also says that everything is in order!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

[ Edited ]

OK... but the IMEI search is imperfect, especially if it's the PIN that's been blocked. Look, some feel what you say is true. I think your phones have been blacklisted and the data base catches up with Europe etc. at certain times. However, the big problem is, with some exceptions, when we ask detailed info about the phone in an attempt to solve, the poster just calls BBerry names and disappears.

Also, I have friends all over Europe who have these phones -- including in places like Kazakhstan -- who are not having these issues. In fact if this issue were as pervasive as you say, there would be a thousand people on this forum going crazy.

That being said... if you really want to run this inquiry to the limit and not suddenly vanish while we're working on it, I'm game. So

1) Where did you buy your phone?
2) Is it a branded carrier phone that was unlocked?
3) Is it a used, unlocked phone?
4) New, unlocked?

5) Is it blocked on all networks that you've tried? 

Let's start there.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Senad
My Device: Z10

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I will not disappear and I would love to have my Z10 back but I'm not sure what is your role in the whole matter. I definitely appreciate your help but wonder if you are in position to help or do we just discuss what the possible roads that lead to the solution.

My case is a little weak because I bought the phone from a friend who lives in England since the blackberry is not that big in Sweden where I live, but I am 100% sure that it is legal purchase.

I'll tell you that before the recent blockage, phone got error www.bberror.com/bb10-0015 and after the reset became blocked.

After the first block, which lasted for 10 days and vanished itself and the way the second blockage occurred everything is pointing towards a bug somewhere. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel

OK, back -- am back,had to go to work. Have you tried to reload the OS as suggested by the link?
Please use plain text.