Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Halebop

Re: Locked pin-code

Blackberry link take me to  "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS" error but i tried to reload OS at least 20 times, on different computers with both OSX and windows. I tried different bb10 Versions too, nothing helps this time.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Did you try the BBerry Twitter?

If you have successfully loaded different OS and you're still blocked (and you have tried a different SIM) I would have to guess you are officially blocked. I remember you saying you were unsure about the person you bought the phone from.
New Contributor

Bb Twitter is not helpfull , they send me to my provider to fix problems.
I am sure that my phone is not stolen and I trust my friend. It's BlackBerry who playing with peoples life and work. Unethical!
Forums Advisor II

OK, let's see if we can find out. Let me ask my provider in the USA what they would do, as they have a very good BBerry tech staff. I know it's a pain when you live somewhere where is tough to get hold of support. So give me a little time. Meanwhile you might ask your friend where he got the phone.
New Contributor

Obviously my problem had been made much easier if I lived in a country with Blackberry support but I thought being a pioneer and BB Ambasador in Sweden. I could have been devoted customer and taking more people to buy their products.
Guess I was wrong and now will spend the rest of my life talking against Blackberry and their policies.

Thank you for your interest to help me but I do not expect miracles.

Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

Senad, you said you bought your phone from a friend in the UK.  Here's what I learned, and was surprised by what I found.  Since about 2004 the UK has had one of the toughest stolen/lost phone laws/IMEI data bases in the world.  Europe in general is not far behind.  The United States, until recently, has been not great.  Now at&t and T-mo usa share IMEI data.  But, after talking to my bberry tech... this is what happened with your phone. 

Someone in the UK reported your phone lost or stolen to a UK carrier.  It went into that super data base and after being processed to all UK carriers was shared with Euro carriers.  Where it caught up with you.  In this case BBerry has nothing to do with blocking the phone, it's the UK carriers that did it, and this is now why BBerry always says "call the carrier." 

In the past people reported they could take a phone that was blocked on a USA carrier and use it overseas.  Maybe they still can, but that will soon end.  But... it is possible, and illegal, to change the IMEI number of a phone.  It's estimated that 50% of the phones in use in Pakistan are stolen and running fake IMEI numbers.  But on a BBerry you would have to also change the PIN. 

So, I really think you need to contact your friend in the UK... 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

What you say is guesing because you have not checked just my IMEI number. The fact that it has happened before and that they have removed blockages speaks in my favor . The fact that the second block came after fattal error in the file system is also quite interesting. The fact that the phone is bought on relase date in the UK is another factor that makes them have no case. There's been quite good seven months since i bought phone. Have they waited so long with blockage ?

The fact that I and many others will be doomed as kriminel before I even had the chance to defend myself is just stupid no matter how many phones are stolen in the world. Imagine if every company in the world to do so , destroyed the property of others without even talking to them. What if GM, Ford and Toyota decided to block cars suspected to be stolen without first doing an investigation.

If you work for the Blackberry so maybe it is ok that you are defending them otherwise you have to realize that it is the wrong way to handle things . I have worked with many companies in my time and never had contact with the support that will not talk to me and the only option I got is to pay $ 50 for them to answer the phone.

I 'll go back to Android and the freedom to choose to buy the phone from who I like and use it as I want and will not feel sorry for Blackberry when they crash .

Edit:

Link to release datum in UK http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/blackberry-z10-release-date-set-for-31-january

Picture from my friends twitter who is developer https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlgrf8kriek9ax3/z10.JPG 

Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

First of all I am in the film business, not a BBerry tech.  I could care less about protecting Bberry.  I'm an end-user like you trying to lend a hand.  But the fact remains that Bberry does not blacklist their phones.  The UK Carriers do.  That's just the way it is. 

I also have yet to see more than a tiny handful of cases where BBerry has unblocked a phone that they determined was blocked by mistake.  But if your phone was blocked by carriers, it has to be removed from their lists.  Thus you have to contact the carrier which blocked it and only your friend who sold you the phone would know who that is. Please show me a link to an individual who had a block removed.

Now, if your phone was mistakenly block for some "technical" reason, maybe BBerry will unblock it. 

I told you why it took so long to block your phone.  Look at the process.  It's the way the carriers operate.  It has nothing to do with BBerry. 

The fact that the phone was bought on the release date means nothing.  In the US a load of new phones was stolen from a warehouse prior to release and they were all blocked.  Of course, a lot were sold to unsuspecting customers. (So far as an "investigation goes", I have no idea what sort of proof a carrier requires before they block a phone. 

You can go back to Android or iPhone if you like, but the same thing is happening in that world as well.  Carriers (not manufacturers) have decided to step up policing of stolen and lost phones.  But the place you should really go back is to the person who sold you the phone.)

This is exactly where I assumed we'd end up, Senad.  You getting angry at Bberry (who probably did not block your phone) and denying the most likely answer: your friend sold you a "bad" phone.  Why don't you call him and ask him? 

New Contributor

You anticipated right, I will be mad at BlackBerry. Who should I be mad at? UK Carrier? If I had known which I would have contacted them. I can not contact all carriers in the UK just because you think it's them. You understand that it is unreasonable and therefore I would talk to the Blackberry.
My mobile provider can not find anything wrong with my IMEI so yes, I am angry and disappointed.

Thanks for your help but you can not assume that I've stolen phone if you want to help me. I would not contacted Black Berry or this forum if I was not sure in what I say. 

Again, thanks for your time and I will not disturb you more.

Forums Advisor II

On the contrary, I know you didn't steal the phone. I 99% believe something happened back in the UK. You still have the option, I guess, of paying for a pay-per-incident w/ Blackberry. And I'm certainly not suggesting you call carriers in the UK. But perhaps the friend who sold you the phone could give you that information. Or -- as he should -- give you a refund. In my opinion, that's who you should be mad at.