Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
cccd3cpt
My Device: Playbook

Looking for some help

Hi,

Just looking for some help about files on my Z10.

Firstly, I have a weird problem where the images in folders from android applications in th e'android' directory show up in my picture viewer. This is kinda annoying as I get animation pictures from games in there. Is trhere some way to get rid of this?

Secondly, I can't seem to delete some folders through the file manager or PC connection. Is there a workaround to this? One folder in particular in th e'android' directory, I deleted but when I looked again it is still there (though it says it is empty) and undeletable.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Looking for some help

Hello,

u_zahoor wrote:

Firstly, I have a weird problem where the images in folders from android applications in th e'android' directory show up in my picture viewer. This is kinda annoying as I get animation pictures from games in there. Is trhere some way to get rid of this?

That was indeed a problem with some older OS levels...it has been corrected in later versions. I don't recall exactly when it was corrected, nor do I know what OS level you are on.

u_zahoor wrote:

Secondly, I can't seem to delete some folders through the file manager or PC connection. Is there a workaround to this? One folder in particular in th e'android' directory, I deleted but when I looked again it is still there (though it says it is empty) and undeletable.

Many folders are required for functionality, regardless of if they have content at the time you look or not. This is one of those.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cccd3cpt
My Device: Playbook

Hi,

I'm on the latest 10.2 OS.
And the folders I'm referring to are created by 3rd party applications not BlackBerry system applications.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

u_zahoor wrote:

I'm on the latest 10.2 OS.

Unfortunately, since OS levels are 4 octets and not 2, saying that tells me nothing really. Indeed, even if you revel the full OS level, I already said that I don't recall exactly what level at which it was fixed. I am pretty sure it's somewhere in the 10.2 level, but there are a lot of OS levels that have been released (not to mention the leaks) within 10.2.

u_zahoor wrote:

And the folders I'm referring to are created by 3rd party applications not BlackBerry system applications.

Nevertheless, they may still be required to exist, even if they happen to be empty at the instant in time that you look at them. It doesn't mean they are always empty...just empty when you happen to look. Normally, if you cannot delete something, then it's required at a system or application level, and therefore not user deletable. Hence, you just leave it alone.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
ledialedia
My Device: BlackBerry Triton

Could you please give me a reply more brief ? :Sleep1:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ledialedia wrote:

Try specifically stating which folders won't delete.

Try specifically stating which OS release you have installed. Settings > About.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ledialedia wrote:

What is your specific OS level?

What are the EXACT folders that won't delete?

If you don't understand those questions, then I refer you back to the post you didn't feel like reading.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.