Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
Jjang
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

Re: Looking for tips on improving battery life

to keep my storey going - nothing in my configuration has changes whatsoever.

Last night around midnight - my unit had a full charge..  Woke up this morning and it was 100% dead.

Charged up the unit at work - by 10am it had a full charge.

As of now - the unit still has 60% battery life - the best life it has ever had (nothing was changed), except Mobile Service (telus) was turned back on and bluetooth was turned back on

Very strange behaviour

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jjang

Another update.

I left the office at 6pm with a full charge
.  It is now 9pm (no changes to config again) and the battery life is now at 45%

What is with the battery???  Location shouldnt change the utilization of the battery (especially since at home i turn off the mobile and i am only running on WIFI?)

Wifi cant suck more battery juice than Mobile can it?  Is wifi that much of a battery pig?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

You must have something else going on. Either a bad email configuration, a problem with your contact list, a bad SIM card, or something like that.

I would strongly recommend going to your local Telus store and try a different SIM card. That's really the next stage in this and is the most likely reason for your problems at this point.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jjang

Well I know the mail config is good. Mail is coming in on both accounts and it appears to be **bleep** proof to setup an active sync account. Any suggestions on what might be wrong? Contact list. Curious you mention that as I have approx 800 contacts. Can you give me any guidance here. Also it appears that there is really no options here either SIM card. I will request from telus
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

For your contacts, try to look through them (especially ones that sync to your email accounts) and just make sure nothing seems out of place. But if you're getting them wirelessly and they downloaded automatically from the server on each device you've had so far, I don't think that should be it. I'm putting my bet on the SIM card.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Jjang

Are these the signs of a bad SIM card. I have never heard of a bad SIM card and I would have never thought of that
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Yeah, I've seen others have issues with the older BlackBerry models and heard of 2 cases so far with the Z10. A bad SIM card can cause all sorts of issues from device lockups to battery drain to random restarts and more. And a SIM card can go bad due to a variety of reasons, but basically the data on the card becomes hard to read.

I never would have known myself if it wasn't for the forums here.

Please use plain text.