Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Losing Z10 Storage Capacity / Free Space not increasing after file deletion in BB Link?

If anyone has tried adding and removing items to the z10 via blackberry link and noticed that once items are deleted the space that should be freed up completely disappears from BB link.... don't panic. I checked on my phone and the storage space is still free 11.4GB But on BB Link I now only show 3.9GB free space so I cannot add all the files that I want to. I restarted the phone. No change. I restarted BB Link and it now shows all my free space - obviously just a minor bug.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Losing Z10 Storage Capacity / Free Space not increasing after file deletion in BB Link?

Interesting. Thanks for posting!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, PlayBook 64 OS2.1
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: Losing Z10 Storage Capacity / Free Space not increasing after file deletion in BB Link?

I had read something about this else where so I thought i'd share my findings as it looks like I'm not the only one and someone may have a panic attack.

I uploaded around 7gb of mp3 data that i later deleted. My free space stayed at 3.9gb and did not increase but my overall space went down to around 4gb showing 3 photos and a movie trailer as my only stored items.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'LIKE' me if it makes sense...

PS. The BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook rock with the QED uPlay!