Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
huseinayash
My Device: Blackberry Toch 9860, Blackberry Z10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Mobily
Accepted Solution

Loss of Internet connection

[ Edited ]

absulutly agreed with you...also i have an issue every time i have to restat BB Z10 to get internet access is there any solution or i have to switch to any other brand??? let us know....

Hussein Ayash
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tony1966
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: Loss of Internet connection

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have lost the data connection twice so far and I'd had to restart my device as well...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dejanh
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

Never happened to me. Also, there is really no scenario that anyone else reported that required a device reboot to get the connection back. At most you may need to toggle the radio. Sorry to say guys, but this is nothing but PEBKAC.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Nex time you get the loss of data service instead of doing a re-set of the phone, try this.

• Go to Settings. To to Nework Connections.
  • Go to Mobile Network.
  • Turn off Mobile Network and Data Services.
  • Wait about 10 seconds.
  • Turn both of these back on again, and wait about one minute.

What may be happening is there could be a lot of traffic in your area. Under high traffic conditions the phones that are least active at that time are put in to a cue until there is an accumulation of data requred to be sent, or until there is a requiest for data. Under some very busy conditions the phone may be cut off until its connection is recycled. How all of this works is very dependent on how the service provider has their systems programed to respond.

By re-setting your service connections your phone is demanding high priority service, and thus will get restored. Try it next time and see if it works for you. If it does not work, then it should be investigated farther. It is not normal to have to re-start a phone to establish back the data services.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
huseinayash

BB logo or internet will not comeback until I restart Z10... No way other than restart..I wait for some days then I changed my sim to 4GLT, I called provider nothing also on the end I start to f... My self I get f.ked from Blackberry...

Also they lie on us that they issue to Middle East BB Z10 less then standard not supporting 4G??? Why I don't know...

Hussein Ayash
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DiscoKing426
My Carrier: Telus

My Z10 loses internet connection all the time.  Only have internet when using wifi.  As for no reason to reboot; that's a load of **bleep**.  I've had to reset my phone many times to fix app problems, unresponsive OS, BBM not sending or receiving, email not connecting and magically it all works after a reboot.  But the internet connection problem only goes away after many reboots. Telus has been no help in resolving the issue and blackberry once again wants me to spend another day wasting my time doing resets, error logging bs that has done nothing to fix the issues.  Face the facts people BB10 is a peice **bleep**.

Love to hate my Z10.... it has more problems than Windows Me ever had.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
huseinayash

If you are subscriping to BIOS, cancel it and take regular internet service. Blackberry from Z10 and going on no more BIOS, it will be like any other mobile brand using regular internet.

Hussein Ayash
Please use plain text.