Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
mrlost
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 1&1
Accepted Solution

Lost BB Z10. How can i delete data or destroy phone?

Hello guys,

I lost my new BB Z10 and didn´t download the BB Protect App yet. I know, that I activated some 'protect thing' in the settings menu but I have no idea how to handle it now. 

Please help. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Lost BB Z10. How can i delete data or destroy phone?

BlackBerry Protect should be on the phone when you get it. If you activated some 'protect thing' then go to www.blackberry.com/protect on a PC and see if you get anywhere with that.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
scrannel
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.2228
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

[ Edited ]

In order to "see" the phone under BBerry protect the phone must be on a wifi or cell data network.  (Can't be turned off).  If you see it you will have the option to wipe.  If you had set a device lock, after trying to access the phone 10 + times, the phone will wipe.  But the phone will then function.  You cannot destory the phone.  Also, if you did not lock your SIM, you need to call your carrier and have them kill the SIM card.  Then if you give them your IMEI # they (should) black list the phone so it can not be used again. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrlost
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 1&1

Thanks for your help. It worked.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hircos
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone uk

They should create a button where it sets on fire when someone tries to use it! :d
Please use plain text.