If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
Marcain
My Device: Q10 and Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

Lost the Blackberry MOJO "Can you help"

[ Edited ]

Hi

I've been a Blackberry user for almost five years, I've had most of the Blackberry phones, including the Curve's, Bolds and previously to the Z10 was the 9900.

The Z10 has been nothing short of a disaster for me, the software crashes, emails have been a night mare, apps not working, battery issues, software which doesn't allow you to do the simplest of things, the last thing is, I have never been able to set the device to save all images and videos to the 32G mini SD card it only saves to the onboard memory.

1. Software stopped crashing after the 10.0.10.90 update Is this the most recent update???
  2. AOL, Live accounts find, but standard POP3 account has serious issues, it doesn't always send, it just shows a timer symbol and unless you re-start the device is will not send in either 3G or over WIFI. You can't  choose 'Out Of Office' but you can on AOL, Live accounts.
  3. Apps I've kinda forgiven as the device is so new, but why did you not talk with the developers before release.
  4. Battery would require a re charge around four to five times in a day and I'm not a large user, the handset would get so hot you could put it Upton your face, it was hot to touch in your hand.
  5. If someone calls or you want to copy a number into your call option, you could only do so by saving the number into your contacts, you couldn't just copy and paste it then call without saving.
  6. Why can I not use the 32G Mini SD card to save my images and video's instead of the onboard memory?

I don't know if all these faults are related to my device only, but its driving me slightly mad and I'm losing work and clients in the process.

I would like to add that the device is amazing in so many ways, great smart phone entry onto a demading market but I'm going to go back to an old BB and possibly look into a different device for the future unless I can get some help from this post.

Regards

Marcain
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Lost the Blackberry MOJO "Can you help"

Apps are developed by almost anyone and are vetted and approved by BB. If the app crashes, contact the app vendor. None of the Apps I have loaded have shown any problems.

'The most recent OS' depends on your carrier releasing it. Rogers is still at 10.0.10.85

AOL? Really? Search this forum for email issues. Some service providers have not upgraded to the latest standards and have problems with Z10 emails.

I have never had a battery problem and I have had my Z10 since Day 1 in Canada. There were many reports of battery drain issues with the initial OS, but the last release seems to have fixed that.

If you have battery issues, but you also have Apps that 'crash' I would suggest removing the Apps you have installed and run the device without them for a while, see if your battery performance changes. Some apps run all the time and consume much power using location services etc.

Did you format the Flash card while installed in the device? I have a 32G card in mine and it is working fine. Perhaps try another card. Make sure you use one with a good speed rating.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Marcain
My Device: Q10 and Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: Lost the Blackberry MOJO "Can you help"

Hi taylor-tomt

Thank you for the reply, its much appreciated.

The crashing is with the OS.... Admittedly the APPS have been playing up too

AOL works fine, its the POP3 which isn't working correctly

Regards

Marcain
Please use plain text.