Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jlandrews1981
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Mail Notification on Lock Screen

Love this new phone but I'm having an issue.

I recently deleted emails from my account however the lock screen mail notification is still saying that I have 11 read messages.  I have looked everywhere but can't find them.

1.  Where could these messages be so that the mail notification is still recognizing them as being on my phone,

2. Is there a way that you can set up mail notification to only show New /unread messages on the lock screen.

Thanks.

J

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Mail Notification on Lock Screen

Hi jlandrews1981 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

When you click on the Hub icon in the lower left corner, when viewing your emails, do any of your inboxes indicate new messages?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jlandrews1981
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for the reply,

None of the inboxes in the hub show new message (red star), however they do still show a number underneath the icon.  I was able to eliminate the issue by restarting the phone.  However, I have since encountered the same issue with Voicemail.  There are no voice mails in my voicemail inbox, however in the hub it is showing a 1 under the voice mail icon. 

The phone seems slow to update message status withing the hub and lock screen.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

As voicemail notifications are controlled by your wireless network provider, I would contact them to see if its something on their end that's causing the Voicemail notification to appear.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

jlandrews1981 wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

None of the inboxes in the hub show new message (red star), however they do still show a number underneath the icon.  I was able to eliminate the issue by restarting the phone.  However, I have since encountered the same issue with Voicemail.  There are no voice mails in my voicemail inbox, however in the hub it is showing a 1 under the voice mail icon. 

The phone seems slow to update message status withing the hub and lock screen.

The red 'splat' indicates that you have a new message that you have not yet 'acknowledged.' The number indicates 'unread' emails.

The difference:

• 'unacknowledged' notifications means that you have not entered the Hub (or BBM, twitter, facebook, etc app) to view the subjects of the new messages/notifications.
  • 'unread' messages count indicates the number of messages/notifications that you have not physically opened and/or read

The Voicemail indicator is usally related to the text message that your Carrier sends, and I have not had this work properly on any phone I have owned in 3 years.. I am pretty sure that it is a carrier issue, but I simply have ignored it for so long that I don't even notice it anymore. :smileywink:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
OlderBiker
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

According to KB33746 from BlackBerry knowledge base there is a problem with some voice systems producing a "-1" for a value when no message exists and BB10 smartphone doesn't have logic built in to suggest there are no messages in voice mail. It says the development team is investigating but no ETA.

I spoke to my provider (Bell) and it was news to them. A few sites are suggesting a factory reset will fix this but it will appear on the next voice message. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Cpt_Sweatpants wrote:

As voicemail notifications are controlled by your wireless network provider, I would contact them to see if its something on their end that's causing the Voicemail notification to appear.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.