Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blackberry Z 10
My Carrier: Congstar

Mail Sync

My BlackBderry Z10 is very nw, so I'm sorry, of this is a stupid question...

I find in my mail account just the mails I receoved in the last 7 days. Can I change this? I'd prefer to see all the mails whicht are in my IMAP account.

And if I can't change it now, will it remain so? I want to say: Will the messages which are older than 7 days dissappearfrom my phone? Or is this only at at the forst time I use it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Super Contributor
My Device: Passport | Z30 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Mail Sync

[ Edited ]

For the future, please note your OS version when asking such a question -- it makes a difference. Check by swiping down on the home screen, select Settings > About and look at the OS Version.

And no, this isn't a stupid question for someone with a new device!

Yes, you can increase the time-frame of IMAP emails synced to your Z10.  How far back depends upon what OS version you are funning.

If you are on 10.1.0.4xxx, you can sync up to "forever".  Note that if you choose this option, it would probably be best to be on a WiFi connection instead of using up your data plan.

To get to this option, you'll have to delete then re-add your IMAP account,   Settings > Account > Add Account.  Tap "Advanced" at the bottom of the screen.  Select IMAP, then fill in your credentials, etc. Before leaving this screen, scroll to the very bottom and tap "Initial Retrieval Amount".  This is where you can select your sync timeframe. Again, your OS version determines how far back you can sync.

Hope this helps.

Solutions: 6,137
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Mail Sync

It should sync the last 30 days of email automatically. If this is only a day or two in service, give it a few more hours to sync.

You should have AT SETUP of the account the option to choose 30 days or Forever on the email, but that is only during the setup and not from editing the account. You can delete that email account and re-add it and make the choice.

Settings > Accounts > etc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code