Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Vespaguy
My Device: Z 10
Accepted Solution

Mail icon won't delete

My unopened message icon (envelope) is showing 2 messages and will not delete from the home page. I have checked all messages, texts, BBMs and voice mails and everything has either been opened or deleted. It still shows 2 messages. I have done a battery pull twice and synced to my laptop. Problem still exists. Any help?

Contributor
akshaychadha
My Device: Z30

Re: Mail icon won't delete

There might be emails sitting in sub folders of your mailbox. select your email account from the hub and then click on the blue box on top with your email address which will then open the folders / labels. You will have to check them for any unopened emails.

If this solves it, please click on accept as solution.

New Contributor
Vespaguy

I did as suggested and when I got to the saved messages I found two messages of about 5 that seemed unopened however everything dissappeared from that screen in seconds and I can't get them back.

Contributor
akshaychadha

The strange thing with the new os is that it will only show you emails in the inbox. I fyou want to viem them repeat the proccess of going to the hub then select your email account from the hub and then click on the blue box on top with your email address which will then open the folders / labels. and then view the folder you wish to see

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Did you try to go into your mailbox from the hub. Click on the date of the latest email on the top. Little slider appears on the right. Click on mark all messages read. That might pickup something that is not registering that you have read the mail. 

I had a similar issue with my voicemail. I had 1 message in my voicemail. Did everything I could to get rid of it. The only way that I got rid of it was to do a factory restore and problem has gone away and no issues to date.

New Contributor
Vespaguy

Tried & no change. Do you loose any info with factory restore?
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

What I did was copy all my contacts to my sim card(In contacts swipe from top down), Click settings, scroll down and copy contacts from device to sim card. With factory restore using BB link, you will loose your apps, which are no big deal , under my world you can re-install any app you purchased. You will loose your text messages. You email will come back from the server when you setup your email account.  All your pictures and music should be on your SD card, if not, use file manger to move them to your sd card. You BBM contacts will come back once you connect to BBM..  After the factory restore, it will check for any updates, and if you are with fido or Rogers, it will pull down the latest OS..

New Contributor
Vespaguy

Thanks. Will use as last resort.
New Contributor
Vespaguy

Eureka! When I awoke this morning the message symbol was gone. Don't know what worked but something did. Thanks everyone for all your input.
Contributor
akshaychadha

Also try resetting your hub in case there are icons still remaining - when in hub, swipe from top right to centre 5 times and hub will rebuild....

Hope this helps for any future issues