Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Q10 (OS 10.2.1.2941)
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Malfunction after updating to 10.2.1.2941

That sounds awful. So there is absolutely no way to go back an OS version or two? There were some problems before but they were manageable.

Additionally, if I could pick and choose what to backup/restore that too would solve my issues.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Yup. We’ve been asking for a selective restore option for some time.

Most likely you will have the same problem with an older OS after restoring the backup.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I gave up restoring Settings via Link a long time ago after creating too many problems. Having everything sync via my email account works beautifully.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

I know it's not the option you want but it's the option that will give you a trouble-free device. There are some apps that you can get to backup and restore contacts. Check out BBWorld. Use those and then wipe the device and use them to restore. Don't backup and restore your text messages. You want a clean slate there.
Guru II

Fire Chest Backup is a good one. I've heard good things about it anyway.
Contributor

Can I not:
Sync device contacts, calendar, tasks, notes with MS Outlook.
Wipe device.
Restore apps and media.
Sync device with outlook to restore the above.

All I should really miss out on old text messages, settings, profiles, bookmarks.

Does this make sense? Am I forgetting anything?
Guru II

You can try. However, I think you'll be disappointed with that route. The sync with Outlook is the only thing that works worse than backup/restore.

Get your data into Outlook.com and sync it that way. Even if you don't use Outlook.com for email it does an excellent job of wireless sync. Can't sync Notes, though. For that I use Evernote. Evernote integrates natively with the device and I can have them on any device.
Contributor

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully this is the last one. How do I sync contacts/tasks/calendar with outlook.com? I do have a hotmail/outlook account. How do I get them in there somewhat easily? I have 1300 contacts Smiley Frustrated
Been maintaining the database for 10+ years! Can't lose it all now!!
Guru II

I would definitely see if you can sync them to Outlook via Link. However, you can sync calendar and contacts only. No Notes and no Tasks.

Once sync'd to Outlook you can export them from Outlook via a CSV file into Hotmail/Outlook.com and then enable the wireless sync via your Hotmail/Outlook.com account directly to the device.

As for the Notes in the Remember app and Tasks, I'm not sure. Maybe one of the sms/contact backup up apps will help there. If you can get the Notes into Outlook then you can use the Evernote plugin to transfer Notes from Outlook to Evernote and then integrate your Evernote on the BB device. Tasks I'm not so sure. I rarely use them.
Contributor

Amazing. Thanks so much.
Not too many tasks - I will figure it out.

Will update after!