Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Many facebook issues. Help!

Hi.

Switched back to Blackberry yesterday after Androiding and IPhoning for a bit. The Z10 is beyond confusing right now, however the facebook app is driving me INSANE.

My mains issues are that somehow even though I have taken OFF the 'facebook contacts' in the Contacts setting, they still show up in my SMS. They also show up on my bluetooth address book, which is really not what I want. They don't however show up on my actual contact list on the phone (so they stay hidden from there.... just not on outside sources?)

I know some people have had this issue, I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it. (twice)

Is there anything else I can do? I really do not want Facebook people in my SMS feeds or Phone logs.

Sorry if this has been posted a lot, I'm just very confused!

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Many facebook issues. Help!

Hi HabsForTheCup and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Hiding the Facebook contacts will only hide them from your main contact list.  When composing a new message, the messaging application leverages all of your contacts, including those hidden from view in your Contacts application.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Many facebook issues. Help!

Thanks Cpt_Sweatpants.

I have NEVER (in all my blackberrys (been a BB user since 2004), IPhones and Androids) EVER have that happens.

There's usually a 'do not import facebook phone numbers' which I always check.

There has to be some fix, somewhere??

It's very frustrating.