Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

cov
Contributor
cov
My Device: Z10, Curve 9300, Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone GR, Vodafone UK

Maps for Greece and other

I bought an unlocked  Z10 from a high street retailer in the UK after assurances that it would work in Continental Europe. I arrived in Greece and realized that it has no maps of Greece - unlike all previous BBs - there is also no keep, what's up, viber and to make things worse when I receive a call from a saved contact I only see the number and only after I hang up can see the name on the screen. 

I am sorry but if BB does not put things right soon I will have to give up Z10 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Maps for Greece and other

BB is working out rolling out native maps to the areas that they are launching the phone. At some point they might roll it out to Greece.. But if maps is important to you, there are a lot of 3rd party apps in My World that will have the map of Greece ranging from free to $9.99 which is worth the investment to avoid frustration. When you buy a 3rd party map, they also must update it on a regular bases. The best I found out there was GPS maps for Google $4.99.. Give it a try.

As for what's up app should be rolling out soon to the z10.. Has been announced and hopefully by next week. For the Viber app, they supported the old BB phones, send them an email and ask them when they will be rolling out a native BB z10 app. A lot of people can also install android apps on the z10 with side loading.. Google it and could find out how to do it.

IMG_00000058.png

IMG_00000064.png

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Maps for Greece and other

I don't know if this will work in your area...

Open the browser. Try the site name maps. google.ca  

You will need a Google registered user account for this to work fully. The Google account is free. 

For the GPS function to work the original Blackberry maps must have a first time load with the Accept of the terms.
The Google maps runs as a web based applet. It can access the Blackberry maps GPS function. You can save the Google maps as a shortcut to the Z10 desktop.

This works here in North America. Maybe it will work in Europe. I beleive it is global. 

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.