Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

georgecobb
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Media Card Filled Up

I got my Z10 yesterday, and added all my music and pictures, but for unimportant reasons, i deleted them again within the phone's file manager. After doing so, 5GB of 'Other Data', which I think is the music and pictures I deleted in a hidden 'Trash' file. This happened on my previous blackberry, but I could open the 'Hidden files' and delete them again, however on my Z10 there is no 'Show Hidden' option. Surely there is a way I can find these files and delete them, else my Blackberry is being completely filled up with files i dont want anymore! PLEASE HELP

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Media Card Filled Up

Hey georgecobb,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

The other data you're seeing includes the Operating System and any installation files for applications.  Also the internal memory would be showing this information.  What size media card did you place inside the BlackBerry Z10?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Developer
jforce
My Device: Z10

Re: Media Card Filled Up

I recently upgraded to a 64GB SanDisk Ultra microSD card and saw the same issue. After transferring my files, the rest of the card filled up with other data until it was full. This doesn't make sense because my 32GB card did not fill up like this. I have tried reformatting the card but it continues to happen.

BlackBerry® Z10
Editor
www.berryreview.com