Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

Media Card Transfer

I recently transferred the files from my 9930 to the Z10 via my media card. Now I'd like to delete non media items from the card so that they aren't consuming space. Is this done by connecting with Blackberry Link and simply removing files from the card that I don't want on there? When I backed up the Z10 via BB Link I didn't see a way to view the media card on my Mac screen. Also, do I still need to keep the old BB Desktop Software on my computer? Does the Z10 use the BB Link exclusively for the standard processes? 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Media Card Transfer

Hi legacymusic,

You can enable Mass Storage mode on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone and view the Media card on the MAC as a removable hard drive. On the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone go to Settings > Storage and Access > USB Mass Storage.

I hope this helps.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thanks!
Contributor

I'm sorry to ask again, but I guess I'm not tech savvy; I need step-by-step direction. I just want to remove copied documents and other non media files from my media card now that they've been transferred to the Z10. I didn't see the need to to have them on the device itself and the media card, so I thought I'd try to free up some space on the card.

Thanks for showing me where mass storage was located on the Z10, but I didn't know what to do with the information. I'm trying hard to learn; thanks for your patience.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

[ Edited ]

Hey legacymusic,

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the Mac computer. A storage drive icon should appear on the screen of the computer.
2. Open the storage drive icon to display the contents of the media card.

Note:  If the icon does not show up on the Desktop please check the Finder preferences to ensure they are set to display External Disks. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

The storage drive icon doesn't appear. I think that's been the problem all along. I did check FINDER; Display External Disks is checked, and other external disks show on the desktop. Only the BB doesn't show up.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: at & t

I had to disable the anti virus and firewall programs on my computer to get the phone hard drive files and the media card files to show.  After disabling the programs I have also had to go into the settings on the phone and enable the media storage and then disable it.  Waited about 30 seconds and the file manager popped up with the drives for the storage on the phone.