Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

RSchwu84
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Memory Card issues on blackberry Z10 after update to 10.1

Good day

Hopefully anyone can assist or help resolve issue.

Since the update to 10.1 i've been having issue with my memory card on the z10.

List of the issues

• If u check under setting - storage and access - it reads the memory card but when you go to pictures, music and videos there is nothing
  • when it reads the info on the memory card and u try and view the pictures or play the music it gives an error

Then you have to completly restart the device pull the battery out, the SIM card and the memory card and then after about 1 min switch the device and then everything works again as normal.

Is this a problem with in the new software upgrade (10.1) or not?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Memory Card issues on blackberry Z10 after update to 10.1

I haven't heard of that with the upgrade but here's what I recommend. Copy everything off of your memory card onto your PC. Then format the card in the device (Settings >Storage and Access). Then move your pictures back to the proper folders.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raglan500
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Tesco

I have the same problem after the software upgrade.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jatintandon
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Hello,

I have a similar problem. My memory card was having similar problems but now it is not showing on the phone at all. I cannot see it in the settings tab nor on the file manager. The phone is not reading the memory card at all. This problem started after the 10.1 update. 

I have a class 4 scandisk 32 GB card in my Z10. 

Please help.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

John_Clark wrote:
I haven't heard of that with the upgrade but here's what I recommend. Copy everything off of your memory card onto your PC. Then format the card in the device (Settings >Storage and Access). Then move your pictures back to the proper folders.

this does help alot if you have an issue with your card

I did this and my rebooting issue went away since I went direct from my 9860 there must have been a temp file or thumbs file that it could not read

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jatintandon
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

My memory card has vanished completely. Cannot see it in the a settings menu. How can I for,at it? 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you might need to use a USB to SD adapter and a PC to see if its dead or not

I have had an issue in the past that I had to revicer the files with a PC and then format in a PC which will allow you to format in the device after.

Or you could just have a bad SD card

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.