Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Micro SDXC Supported?

Good day all!

The Z10 specifications indicate support for micro SD cards up to 64 Gb. I need to buy one since I will be getting my Z10 next week.

Question is: Can I install a Micro SDXC card such as http://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUA-064G-U46A/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=...

Thanks in advance!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Micro SDXC Supported?

That should work.

i will be buying one soon for mine.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks! My Z10 will be available on Feb 05 and I will have a nice micro SD card for it!

Best Regards,

Raymond...

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Hi rpwings,

I bought that microSDXC card for my device and it works. One catch though... when I first inserted it into my device, it wouldn't be recognized. If you have this issue, just reformat the media card in the device by going to Setting > Storage and Access, scroll down and select Format Media Card.  It should work then.

Good luck and enjoy your new device when you get it!

(If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask... we'll do our best to help answer what we can).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the Tip. I could Have scratched my head a long trip time! 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

In addition to Krypto's solution, you can find the explanation in the following article from the public knowledge base:

KB33530 SD Cards larger than 32GB are not recognized by BlackBerry 10 OS

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: