Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: carpentery

Micro Sd 64g Samsung on z10???

I would like to know if i can put a micro-Sim 64g class 10 Samsung in my Z10?

(64g Micro Sd Samsung SDXC TF Class 10
70 mb/s' Pro)
It will be better a samsung or a San disk who run at 30 mb/s? What is the best for my Z10? Thanks everybody!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Re: Micro Sd 64g Samsung on z10???

Yes that Micro SD card will be fine, just make sure you format it on the Z10 so that it uses the correct file system.

You can format it by going to 'Settings' > 'Storage and Access' > 'Media Card Details' and selecting 'Format Media Card'.

As for which card, well the faster the better. So in this case, a Class 10 at 70MB/s.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: carpentery

Thank you very much but why we have to format the 64g and not the 32g? Is the quality will be the same?
Thank you
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Micro SD cards larger than 32GB are pre-formatted using the ExFAT file system. At the moment BlackBerry 10 does not support ExFAT, but uses FAT32 instead.

So either format the 64GB card as FAT32 on a computer or just do it using your Z10 and let it handle the correct format.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

radsystems wrote:

Micro SD cards larger than 32GB are pre-formatted using the ExFAT file system. At the moment BlackBerry 10 does not support ExFAT, but uses FAT32 instead.

So either format the 64GB card as FAT32 on a computer or just do it using your Z10 and let it handle the correct format.

you have to license ExFAT from Microsoft and maybe BlackBerry did not do that since fat 32 does work

best to format in device, as I have wrecked a card in my PC already.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V