Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
VENOM7000
My Device: Z10 Black
My Carrier: Vodafone UK
Accepted Solution

Missing Contact & FB Thumbnails after the update to 10.0.10.690

[ Edited ]

Ever since I updated the OS to 10.0.10.690. I have noticed that over half of my thumbnail contacts are missing. (also half of my FB contact are missing thumbnails)

Anyone else with this problem? :Sweatdrop:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Missing Contact & FB Thumbnails after the update to 10.0.10.690

I found when if I had duplicate contacts on my Device and Sim card, the Photos of the contact dissapeared. 

Try this, Go into contacts, swipe from top down and select settings, Turn on Facebook in contact list and any other application, Turn off sim card contacts. Scroll down all the way to the bottom and select manage sim card contacts. If the contacts are there and also on your device, somehow it looses the thumnail. I deleted these contacts from my sim card and all my thumnails are there now.  You might have to also do a re-boot to pickup the changes to rebuild the contact list.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
VENOM7000
My Device: Z10 Black
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

I tried what You instructed me. But no luck.

Its not only that my "Local Contacts" lost their Thumbnail,

also when I turn on the FACEBOOK contact list to show in Contact...half of the people from my FB friends list lost their thumbnails (the people I only have as FB friends not their numbers as my local contact. They have nothing to do with my SIM card. Because I dont have them)

So in general:
My FB friends list lost half of the profile thumbnails and my local contacts (linked with their respected FB profiles). You understand? 

+ is it normal that when I turn off the facebook contact list view OFF. (from showing in contact screen in settings)... it doesnt automaticaly update the contact list view with this change. I have to restart the phone for changes to apply??? :Dots:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

A simple solution to get the z10 to rebuild your facebook contacts, is:

1. Go into my world, delete facebook from your app.

2. Go into settings from your home page, Select accounts,select facebook and click delete.

3. Re-boot your z10

4. Go into my world , find the facebook app, install it.

5. sign on your facebook app and this will sync all your facebook contacts in your contacts list. It would take a minute or two.. Make sure in your contacts app, turn on face book.  You might have to re-boot a final time and let it rebuild your contacts on your z10. It does take a couple of minutes.. Give this a try.

Please use plain text.