Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Mobile Network appears to block wi-fi AND A REMEDY!

I am not enjoying my Z10 one little bit - it's probably as bad as the Storm1... and unless BB improve things quickly, my loyalty to the brand has finally succumbed!

Aside of lots of bugs - and the appalling lack of Outlook sync (which I know BB are working on to restore - one of the biggest issues I'm getting is the constant freezing up of apps and the browser. But I think I've found a common denominator... BB PLEASE NOTE!!!

I'm in the UK, on Vodafone Contract.

If the browser - or an app that requires a server connection - freezes, I can unfreeze it as follows:

Disable the data and mobile network services.

When that happens, the app/browser instantly connects! It always works, regardless of what wi-fi service I may be connected to

It suggests that the phone's mobile network is interfering with the wi-fi (which is probably an OS bug). It's not something I'm prepared to put up with, but it's a bug-workaround that works EVERY SINGLE time. If anyone else is struggling with FB/Twitter/Browser freezes, could they try this and let BlackBerry know if it works for them?

BlackBerry: you really need to pull your fingers out with the Z10. You wanted it to be a phone that saved the company, but it's got so, so many faults and issues, that I really can't see a positive future for you if this is the best you can do. I switched to an iPhone 5 after my 9900 and while I'm not particularly an Apple fan, it worked perfectly in every respect. Indeed, I wish I hadn't jumped in to get the Z10.

You now need to get the Z10 on a par with the competition within weeks, else you're dead in the water... and I will be happy to dig deeper in to my pocket to actually buy an Android device to use on my contract. That's how much I'm struggling with the Z10 - it's making my business life an absolute misery, if I'm totally honest. Speaking as a long-standing BlackBerry fan, it hurts to say that - but the fact is, this is a dreadfully poor phone in light of what else is out there.