Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
michaelshmukler
My Device: Z10

Moving documents from my PC to myZ10

[ Edited ]

How the heck do you do this SIMPLY???

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: Moving documents from my PC to myZ10

[ Edited ]

michaelshmukler wrote:

How the **bleep** do you do this SIMPLY???

The easiest way is to use the WIFI sharing, it is fast and you can access either the phone memory or the SD Card

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10

[ Edited ]

michaelshmukler wrote:

How the **bleep** do you do this SIMPLY???

Or you could open a Box account. Upload online via your PC, open the Box application on your Z10 and you will find your upload available instantly. Excellent and Simple. 

(web browser to access your Box account on the PC unless you are using Windows 8 which has a Box app available for download to make the process even easier) 

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

[ Edited ]

bs342 wrote:

michaelshmukler wrote:

Or you could open a Box account. Upload online via your PC, open the Box application on your Z10 and you will find your upload available instantly. Excellent and Simple. 

(web browser to access your Box account on the PC unless you are using Windows 8 which has a Box app available for download to make the process even easier) 

Why use box or dropbox or anything like it,  it use a lot of data, it place your files into an unsecured place and on top of it all it is way slower than using WIFI, the WIFI does not use any data, is fast, it is very secure as the files are traveling only between the computer and the Z10 

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
michaelshmukler
My Device: Z10

Thanks, this seeems be the simplest way.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
bs342
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10

[ Edited ]

rat-7 wrote:

bs342 wrote:

michaelshmukler wrote:

Why use box or dropbox or anything like it,  it use a lot of data, it place your files into an unsecured place and on top of it all it is way slower than using WIFI, the WIFI does not use any data, is fast, it is very secure as the files are traveling only between the computer and the Z10 

Good point but unless you are on an extremely tight data package and/or trading state secrets thenBox / DropBox offer a great solution to the question posted. That said I have never tried sharing between PC and Z10 over a wireless network.  You have inspired me to try it. Thanks. 

https://www.box.com/enterprise/security-and-architecture/

BlackBerry is for Life not just for Christmas
Please use plain text.