Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Mr. Thorsten Heins your Z10 is a nightmare

[ Edited ]

I had been a fan of BB for years since my first pearl all the way to Bold 9900. I was loyal to BB and made a mistake by upgrading to the new Z10, this is when you lost me.

In less than a month I've had two brand new Z10 phones and none of them has worked. It is great to see that many people are enjoying theirs but for me and a few people close to me the new Z10 has been a nightmare.

First Z10 turned off in the middle of a conversation, in the middle of typing an email and it took forever to restart. I took the phone to where I got it and they gave me another one, brand new, this one doesn't turn off but I have to set up my email accounts four or five times a day!!

Anytime it wake the phone up it is asking me to set up my email accounts, all of them...If that wasn't enough, for no reason the phone gets disconnected from the network, then I can't make or receive phone calls. I have to restart it and wait for it to connect to the network for just a few minutes before it gets disconnected again... bottom line, I have to restart the phone anytime I need to make a phone call and I keep missing emails because when I set up my accounts several times a day it doesn't pull the emails I received when I was disconnected...that if the battery lasts more than 6 hours.

I tried to return the second phone and at this point I really wish I had never bought the Z10.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook

Re: Mr. Thorsten Heins your Z10 is a nightmare

Did you update the OS with the first, and now the 2nd update?

All I can say is that mine has worked flawlessly since day 1, and it just keeps getting better with each update.

My previous phone was the Torch 9800, and the Z10 is so far ahead that they can't really be compared.

Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

The OS is up to date.

Great to hear yours is working as expected, unfortunately, I can't say the same.
 I'm not comparing the Z10 with the torch or bold, all I remember is that OS 7.1 worked like charm for me and that makes BB10 look as a failure.

New Contributor
My Device: z10

I share your frustration,

Got the z10 and had the text in my outgoing e-mails corrupted and couldn't sync my contacts with Outlook (had a couple of random reboots in the firs couple of  days too). Upgraded to 10.1.0.273 30 hours ago. Since then I've had for random reboots and the phone freezes after I send an sms (need to do a battery pull for it to work again). I've been a dedicated BB fan for almost a decade but I feel it's high time I move to another platform.

Vlecthsel