Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
jfp67
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Much Shorter Battery life on Z10 after 10.1 update or while roaming

Updated to 10.1 on my Z10 on Monday and the last three days my battery life hasn't been very good. Almost half of what it used to be. Need to recharge the battery twice a day. What changed?

Also from before the update the battery life is considerably less when travelling and the phone is in roaming mode. Anyone else notice this?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Much Shorter Battery life on Z10 after 10.1 update or while roaming

Roaming uses more battery.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
pkcable
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

jfp67 wrote:

Updated to 10.1 on my Z10 on Monday and the last three days my battery life hasn't been very good. Almost half of what it used to be. Need to recharge the battery twice a day. What changed?

Also from before the update the battery life is considerably less when travelling and the phone is in roaming mode. Anyone else notice this?

I'm not sure which built the official update is, but the last leak I was on 10.1.0.1756 (for the Verizon model) had a BAD radio file at least for me, and in addition to other problems it caused poor battery life.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
willjansen
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

I am on Koodo in Alberta. Updated my Z10 to BB 10.1 yesterday (Wednesday), battery life has been brutal since the update. Barely made it to noon today, with a full charge this morning. Light browsing and maybe a half hour of listening to music, but most of the time the phone was sitting on my desk with the screen turned off.

Prior to the update, could easily make it to the end of the work day while streaming music over the cell network for 4 or 5 hours.

My phone is also quite warm to touch. Much warmer than prior to the update.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfp67

Yes, I have noticed that my phone is much warmer (almost hot) to the touch as well.

Looking out for the next update to fix this issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geoffhogan
My Carrier: bell mobility

Same problem for me. Battery life really bad and phone warmer. Z10 on bell Mobility
Geoff Hogan
Z10 / Playbook
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfp67

Seeing as it is a problem for many, I have sent a tweet to @blackberryhelp on this issue. Hopefully it will get fixed quickly if they get a lot of complaints.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richerthanuthink
My Device: BB10Z STL100-3

I am having the same issues,  turned off location, bluetooth, etc. whether wifi or not, the drain is within 4-5 hours, with very limited use.  phone gets hot too while just sitting.  right after i upgraded to 10.1.0.273.  Previously, i was really pleased with my battery life using full function of the BBZ10... iFolk are laughing at me now...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
willjansen
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

I'm not sure what has happened, but my battery life has been a lot better since those first couple of days after the update to 10.1

There hasn't been a new update or anything, the only other thing that's changed recently is that streaming music from Groove Shark doesn't work. Most songs will make it half way then just cut out. I've stopped streaming from there since, but am still listening to music locally on my phone.

Anyone else noticing battery life increasing to normal (before update) levels?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prosset
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Swisscom

completely agree. I have the same experience. Everything better than the I's people....except my battery life.
Please use plain text.