Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

JSanders
Solutions: 5,826
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Multiple Contacts With The Same Number

Why not set up that contact, the oldest one, then as the main, unpersonalized contact?

Quite frankly it sounds like you're expecting the device to read minds to know which person on the SAME number is calling you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
matt_p
My Device: Blackberry Z10

How is it asking the device to read minds?!

All I am saying is it would be nice if there was the option to set a default contact that would appear for a given number, where that number exists for multiple contacts. I am not asking the phone to work out who is ringing!

"Why not set up that contact, the oldest one, then as the main, unpersonalized contact?"

I could, but that would mean wiping all the contacts and starting again, making sure the company contact is always entered first before anybody else - and that is assuming that is how the contact is displayed.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,826
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Nope, just edit the one contact that keeps appearing as the one when you're called. That would be the original contact, make it your generic contact.

Am I missing something here why you can't do that, and doesn't involve any wiping or restoring anything.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.