Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
plzplzhelp
My Device: Z10

Multiple Duplicate Contacts.

Hi, I have the Z10 and have several email accounts from my previous Blackberry and all the contacts from that BB all got synced with a few of the different email accounts. Since syncing the email accounts to add the contacts back I get several duplicate contacts for anyone new I add. None of the old contacts from my previous BB are copied several times just new ones I add with the Z10? Does anyone else having this issue? Also why can't we choose where we want to store the contacts like before? I would rather all contacts be stored under the one email account for future times I upgrade.

G2 Z10
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
plzplzhelp
My Device: Z10

Re: Multiple Duplicate Contacts.

Bump!

Plz Help.

G2 Z10
Please use plain text.
DeValera
My Device: BlackBerryZ10
My Carrier: Rogers

love to hear of any solution.

My address book rendered useless by all the duplicates.

cheers, DV

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bala
My Device: Not Specified

I was having a lot of issues getting my contacts over to the Z10.  In fact, I still have not got it over.

However, using the media card switch - I was able to get my other information (text messages, call logs, etc.) on the Z10.

So I've been actually going to my text messages  or call logs and then saving the numbers from that and then adding the names in.

When I do this, I am getting multiple duplicates as you are.

Did you restore your call logs/text messages from your old BlackBerry to the Z10?

Any fixes?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bala

The duplication also happens when I manually enter a contact.

My address book is a mess! But I love how a contact can be linked to all their profiles (Linked In, Facebook ,Twitter,etc).  I love having the ability to go from the address book contact view into any of the profiles I've got them on.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

plzplzhelp wrote:

Hi, I have the Z10 and have several email accounts from my previous Blackberry and all the contacts from that BB all got synced with a few of the different email accounts. Since syncing the email accounts to add the contacts back I get several duplicate contacts for anyone new I add. None of the old contacts from my previous BB are copied several times just new ones I add with the Z10? Does anyone else having this issue? Also why can't we choose where we want to store the contacts like before? I would rather all contacts be stored under the one email account for future times I upgrade.

I would go into your contacts, swipe from top down and go under settings.I have turned off all my facebook linkedin twitter and my sim card contacts.  If you want to save your contacts, you can save it to your sim card(scoll down to bottom of screen). In the future when you upgrade the OS, you have the contacts on the sim card and can import them back or just enable use contacts from sim card.  For duplicates, I found it best to delete all the duplicates and forward the contact from your pc as a .vcard(can save on sim or email to yourself), click on the .vcard and it will give you option to save on contact.   

I also found that the best way to transfer all my contacts and calendars from my old Torch was to delete all the data off the old Blackberry(but make sure you back it up). Re-sync with my outlook, but from Pc to Device only. This will create a brand new contacts on the device. Then the device switch from the old BB to Z10 works great, at least it did for me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nore1021

will there be an easier way for the links to occur without having duplicates and not have to turn off all of the contact options in the settings?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
ukmight
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

The multiple entries are entires for the different accounts you have chosen to sync your address book with. However, all multiple entries are eventually linked and shown as a single entry while viewing. 

You can easily turn off any of the accounts to which you dont want to sync your address book to by going to settings>accounts and deleting the respective carddav account (only the carddav account and NOT the email account)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SuryaBB
My Device: DAB
My Carrier: Airtel

Try Contact X from App World. It might help you.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
JamesDee55
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

If you are still using the original software version ( 10.0), I had the same problem, and I found out it was reading my contacts from my Sim card, as well as the phone itself,and was causing double contact entries.. What I did was go into the Sim card settings ( while in contact list swipe down for options, and select Sim settings or something like that ) and delete all the entries off your Sim card.

That worked for me.

This was fixed in software version 10.1.

Please use plain text.