If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
KayaVL
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Music gone and music player is haywire????

The other night I updated my BBz10, and the next day all my music was gone out of the music player. I figured no biggie, so later that evening I started adding the music I had before thru BB Link. Not sure what happened but the album covers all changed to one artist or no cover at all. I  had only loaded about 7 albums when I noticed this was happening. Then I went into file manager and looked in the music folder--- all my original albums and artists were still there. So I deleted them thinking that I just I would just have to start over.  Then I opened the music player and all the newly added albums with the wrong picture to them were still there. It didn’t say “there is no music available….” message on the screen. I tried to delete all it and they won’t delete. They’re like a ghost in there. I figure if I loaded an album on again – those “ghost images” would get overrided – so I loaded one Baroness album to try it. It had no picture of the album cover, but all the songs were there. It was also now the only file in the music folder in file manager. But when I hit a song to play back in the music player- a message saying “file cannot be played due to an unexpected error(1)”  Is there a way to fix this???  I want my music back and to be able to listen to it, in my car….etc…. Will downloading a different music app work? I’d like a simple solution .

Please use plain text.
Developer
ujwalnambiar
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Music gone and music player is haywire????

KayaVL wrote:

The other night I updated my BBz10, and the next day all my music was gone out of the music player. I figured no biggie, so later that evening I started adding the music I had before thru BB Link. Not sure what happened but the album covers all changed to one artist or no cover at all. I  had only loaded about 7 albums when I noticed this was happening. Then I went into file manager and looked in the music folder--- all my original albums and artists were still there. So I deleted them thinking that I just I would just have to start over.  Then I opened the music player and all the newly added albums with the wrong picture to them were still there. It didn’t say “there is no music available….” message on the screen. I tried to delete all it and they won’t delete. They’re like a ghost in there. I figure if I loaded an album on again – those “ghost images” would get overrided – so I loaded one Baroness album to try it. It had no picture of the album cover, but all the songs were there. It was also now the only file in the music folder in file manager. But when I hit a song to play back in the music player- a message saying “file cannot be played due to an unexpected error(1)”  Is there a way to fix this???  I want my music back and to be able to listen to it, in my car….etc…. Will downloading a different music app work? I’d like a simple solution .

What version of BB10 are you in currently?

--

If my post has helped you, give it a LIKE :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KayaVL

software release     10.1.0.2039-- this was the upgrade I did on Thursday night.

Please use plain text.
Developer
ujwalnambiar

KayaVL wrote:

software release     10.1.0.2039-- this was the upgrade I did on Thursday night.

Was this update done OTA by Verizon?

--

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KayaVL

I have no idea? If it was, does that screw up the music player? It was perfectly before.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ujwalnambiar

KayaVL wrote:

Not sure what happened but the album covers all changed to one artist or no cover at all.

I had this problem too, solved it by updating my software.

--

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KayaVL

If there's another update, I will try that.
Please use plain text.
Developer
ujwalnambiar

Pull out your battery, wait for two min and put it back in. Sometimes, some cache memory remain and doing this will remove it.

--

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KayaVL

says I have the latest software.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
KayaVL

UGH! that didn't work!
Please use plain text.