Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
BrunaF1
My Device: Z10

My 10

A few weeks ago my Z10 completely shut off and just would not turn back on.  I tried every suggestion and idea but all to no avail.  So, after reading a few more forums, I decided to take the plunge to buy a new battery at an approximate cost of $60.  This idea worked and my Z10 came back to life.  I was so happy again.  It's been about a month now, and yet again the same thing has happened.  Once again, my Z10 has shut off and will not turn back on.  I am extremely upset and disappointed.  I tried calling my carrier, Rogers, what a waste of time that was, to see if they could do anything for me to waive the early upgrade fee as I needed to get a new phone.  Forget that attempt!!  So, I tried to contact Blackberry directly, as I have been very loyal to Blackberry, dating back to the Pearl, and to my surprise, there is just absolutely no way to even call Blackberry to reach a live person to chat.  So, today my friends, I am very sad to say, after so many years of being loyal to Blackberry and still to this day trying to stand up for their names, I will be giving up on Blackberry.  I have no other choice but to move to another phone.  Blackberry has failed me.  A true loyal customer that I have been after all these years, sticking to their brand and supporting every product year after year regardless of what friends and family were switching to.  I tried my last attempt today to reach a Blackberry rep in a hope that they would provide me with a new battery or other suggestions.  This is a very sad day for me.  Goodbye Blackberry!!! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
tezytan
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900/9780/9810

Re: My 10

Hello

Why did you not bring the device and battery back to the BlackBerry service center?

The batteries are backed by one year warranty
Please use plain text.
Developer
tezytan

By the way, where did you get the second battery from?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

tezytan, there are not "service centers" everywhere, and not in this user's country.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrunaF1

I'm beyond the warranty period on the original battery since I've had my Z10 for about 16 months. I can't find my receipt for the 2nd battery which is less than 1 month old, so I can't go back to the retailer. I think I must just give that an attempt anyway.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BrunaF1

My carrier doesn't stock Z10 accessories, how frustrating, so I purchased the battery at a gadget and accessories retailer.
Please use plain text.
Developer
tezytan

Noted on that. 

let us know the progress with the retailer (for the battery) :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Developer
tezytan

Well they should be able to assist you on that, replacement now cost less than $10 from amazon. 

Nonetheless, what I did for some batteries successfully was to use the charger from the battery bundle pack. Note ghat it didn't always work though 

Please use plain text.