Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
bowles42
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: My BB Z10 won't restart after update

did you find anything that worked? my phone is still stuck in this state... very frustrated

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SY21
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Well mine is a Q10 not a Z10, but my husband fixed it (after Carphone Warehouse essentially told me it was bricked unless they sent it back for around 2 weeks and a small fortune).

It was stuck showing 99/100%, he fired up the desktop software, plugged the phone into the laptop, switched the phone off and then on again, it re-booted properly, but wouldn't let me make calls or texts. He rebooted it again and the desktop software allowed him to install the update through the computer. It took an age to re-start, but when it finished (about 1.5hrs) it worked fine, updates installed and no data lost.

According to Carphone Warehouse guy (with the appropriate pinch of salt, considering how wrong he was with the issue in general) there are known hardware faults with some Q10s that cause this to happen with certain updates. :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
miketmarshall
My Device: z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

I updated last night.. and my phone was stuck on 100% for literally 3 hours (not to mention the update itself took over 2). I finally removed the battery and restarted the phone.

So I eventually removed the battery to restart it. I mean, 3 hours ya know? Lo and behold.. It would not allow me to make or receive calls after that. Text, email, internet, all good.. even alerted me of voice mails but I couldnt check them because it wont dial a number out.

Anyway.. went into the phone to check for software update and it said one was available.. I figured well.. I probabaly shouldnt have removed the battery and the software update didnt complete, which screwed up the phone call thing.

So, I updated again tonight, and the phone is once again stuck on that BB screen saying 100%, but we're going on 6 hours now. I'm afraid to remove the battery because I don't my phone calls screwed up again.

I've been loyal to this company now for 5 years.. but this.. this is obnoxious. Anyone have any advice or has had this same problem? Thanks - mike

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
miketmarshall
My Carrier: t-mobile

Mines going on 6 hours. Last night it was 3 and removing the battery made it so I could not make or receive calls for the last two days. Updated again tonight, and we're going on 6 hours of that BB screen. I have no idea what to do.
Please use plain text.
khite1967
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: sun

mine too
Please use plain text.
khite1967
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: sun

please post the solution on how to get restart after the upgrade. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
kruz_k
My Device: Z10,torch 9860, curve 8520, 8700c
My Carrier: Idea

Hi all,

I looked up this happening -if you have another old update left on ur computer or MAC. I suggest you to delete the old version and then go for update.

-Please don't go for OTA update if it is a big update, when the cellular network signal strength is low it takes time or crashes the download.

Updating through blackberry link:

-Connect your mobile and remove ur sim-card,SD card and update using blackberry link(reload) when you are sure that your device is not turning on. Don't interrupt the process it might take 2-3hours depending on the speed of your network.

-Once the OS is installed it will restart and check the settings and will start up.

Don't get panic at any moment. 

-If you are not sure about installing a LEAKED OS, then wait for official update from your carrier, as installing leaked OS might cause problems to ur device if any step goes wrong.

SWIPE IT, FEEL IT, TOUCH IT.

YOU WILL LOVE IT

>>>>Z10<<<<

Proudful & loyal Blackberry supporter ..

throwing mud at others makes you happy now but in future you might end up in sinking in mud lake.. wake up b4 it happens. Be secure
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abienoona
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Hi guys, im new to BB...i got a z10, updated to 10.2...then when it asked me to restart, it got stuck on the black screen and i panicked...waited for several minutes....like about 5 or so...then it restarted successfully...
Please use plain text.