Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10
My Carrier: MTN Cyprus

My Blackberry Z10 does not recognize the mobile network

I bought Blackberry Z10 and found out that it cannot switch to my mobile network (MTN Cyprus). It sees the sim card but the mobile work is comtemporary off. When I am trying to swich it on manually, the phone tries to connect but without sucess. What to do? The phone is not locked.  Besides the network the phone is working fine. Thank you in advance.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: My Blackberry Z10 does not recognize the mobile network

Hey mariacler,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To resolve this issue you will need to contact your network service provider, I would also suggest trying a different SIM card.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

@mariacler U usually need to refister your phone through the MTN network (MTN webpage in Cyprus) in case u have Blackberry service activated. In any case contact MTN even by phone. They will help u through. Also may I ask where did u buy it from and what the cost was ?? I am really looking forward in getting one asap.

Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry Z10

@avraam75. How to register the phone in the MTN network throught their web site? i will be grateful if you could send me a link. I also tried the phone with a Cyta sim-card, and it still does not read the network. I contacted some service centers of BB by e-mail and was told thatmost probable the problem is in the phone and it's needs to be repared in order to recognise the mobile network.

P.s. the phone was boughtn in Msc, Russia, the average price of this model is 700eur. In MTN i was told that Z10 will appear on Cyp market end April and that all other people with BB Z10 in Cyp had similar problems to recognise the network....

New Contributor

http://www.mtn.blackberry.com/ do u have a Blackberry account? if not dont try anything u never did before, better visit an MTN store tomorrow.
New Contributor

also check in case your devise is @ 4G network which is not available in Cyprus yet. set it first in 2G and if it connects try 3G network