Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

My Modified Dream Version of the z10.

Now that I have been using the Z10 since the launch date here in Canada, I love the phone and love some of the multitasking, browser, Hub, large screen, love some of the gestures once you learn it and some tips and tricks. And coming from the Torch 9810 with slide out keyboard, I actually don't miss the keyboard at all. I never thought I would say that, but the virtual keyboard is that good.  My wife has the IPhone 5 and I just hated the Virtual Keyboard. Even on my old 9810.. I couldn't stand the Virtual Keyboard and always used the physical keyboard. 

The only thing that I must admit that I truly miss is the hard buttons on the bottom.. It is so convenient and easy to use, especially with one hand operation. The OS10 is an amazing platform and the best the BB has ever created and I am sure future upgrades would make it even better. My only wish list as of now is to put a couple of hard buttons for guys like me, or even virtual buttons on the bottom which you can hide if you wish.  So here is my picture of the Modified Z10 with hard buttons:smileyhappy: :Yes:

bb-z102b.jpg

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PCRescueSJ
My Device: Z10

Re: My Modified Dream Version of the z10.

I think the biggest issue with that is they are too close to the bottom to maintain proper grip and use the buttons and trackpad.

Personally I think I would love a Q10 with a trackpad / hard buttons and touch.

Think of it as the thinkpad of the phone world. (you either hate or love the ibm touchpoint, hehe)

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

With the Q10, it looks like about 45% of the screen is lost to the keyboard territory. I personally prefer the larger screen for browsing and reading.  I got used to the touch screen typing. I now find this new design to be excellent. I am typing on it almost as fast as with the mechanical keyboard. I have seen people go even faster and just as accurate.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
abhishekvora
My Device: Curve 8520

This does not compliment the philosophy if the All-touch BB 10 OS, which is gesture based. At best you couldev changed the shape of the phone but not the interface and hardware.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

The keyboard is not a problem. I actually love the Virtual Keyboard.. Very accurate and fast.  I love the guestures also on the Z10. The large screen is important to me.. For the die hard keyboard users, the Q10 would be stellar. But the screen would be too small for me.  I use the web alot and reading is much easier on a large screen.  Even if you can have a virtual buttons on the bottom, the ability to customize it, would be great.. An option to hide it.. Just a concept in my head.. Like I said, love the z10, but I think somekind of button on the button would be nice when you need it..

Please use plain text.