Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
caz96
My Device: z10
My Carrier: o2

My Z10 screen freezes. I have to reset phone for it to come back on. Anyone else having problems ??

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: My Z10 screen freezes. I have to reset phone for it to come back on. Anyone else having problems ??

I've had this happen a few times but not often enough to be a real nuissance. Sometimes it will unfreeze on it's own and sometimes I have to reboot. It usually happens when removing from the holster.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gridmaster
My Device: Blackberry Torch 900 and Blackberry 10 Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: My Z10 screen freezes. I have to reset phone for it to come back on. Anyone else having problems ??

I've had to reset my phone twice because the ui was hung at the lock screen.

I hope it won't with the new update I now have.
Please use plain text.
Bobby786
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

I have 2of them and one so far froze twice...sickening blackberry problem.....
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ksisomba
My Device: Z10 stl-100-3
My Carrier: H2O

It happen twice on me since I got the phone last month.

Please use plain text.
rsbaker9
My Carrier: fido

did you get this resolved?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
caz96
My Carrier: o2

Yes it got so bad I had to send it back to 02. They confirmed a serious hardware fault and replaced my phone with a new one. Since I've had the new phone its happened once. Convinced myself if it happens again it will be going back and Im swapping to a different phone. Apart from this happening I love the Z10.

Please use plain text.
z28
z28
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: SaskTel

Yes.  Lots of times.  The thing that seems to reset it is plugging it in even for a few seconds.  The freezing disapeared. Not sure if this is just a temporary solution but at least it got my phone working again.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JPE007
My Device: Playbook & Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Haven't tried the plugging in - but then the time when the freezing occurs is when I'm away from a power source and so I have to reboot. :smileysad:

However, I have had success with removing pictures on contacts, removing and re-adding the contacts from the quick dial screen. This has so far prevented the phone from any similar issues. :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JPE007
My Device: Playbook & Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

:No: Sad news - removing pictures from contacts did not work. Nor did connecting the phone to mains power. Although it is happening less often.......only once a day now and this time I could use the reset option from the screen.

Suspect it has something to do with bluetooth.

Testing, testing, testing........

Will broadcast results.

Please use plain text.