Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Ido1308
My Device: Z10

My Z10 stopped working

Hello Yesterday, when I was checking my emails, all of a sudden the device got stuck, so I restarted it and since then the device shows only the white "BlackBerry" caption at the middle of the screen, I tried several times to reset it, it shuts down the red light is on and then the white "BlackBerry" ant the middle and it gets stuck there. Any suggestions? Thanks
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: My Z10 stopped working

I used these steps from Geek Squad and it worked for me.

Restore BB10

When a BlackBerry 10 device is only flashing the red light and refusing to boot up, this indicates that the device’s operating system has become corrupted. The flashing light may follow the pattern of 1, 2 or 3 short blips, with a longer pause between the sets.

In order to fix this, you need to re-install the operating system on the device, which will then set the device back to its original factory state.

Please note: this process will completely wipe your device, so please make sure you have a backup of your personal information available to restore before going through this process. 

1. Download and install the latest version of BlackBerry Link for your computer.
  2. Open BlackBerry Link software.
  3. Plug in the BlackBerry device using your USB cable.
  4. At the bottom left of the program, find the device you're having issues with and select it by clicking on it.BB Reload - 1
  5. The BlackBerry Link application will then ask to either reconnect or reload the device software. Choose Reload.BB Reload - 2
  6. Confirm the reload when prompted to do so, which will wipe clean any data previously on the handset.BB Reload - 3
  7. Allow the reload to complete, which can take some time. Whilst this is underway, the device will have a solid green light. This process of downloading and reinstalling the device can take an hour or more, depending on the speed of your internet connection, soplease don't disconnect the BlackBerry until the process has finished.BB Reload - 6
  8. Once the restore is complete, simply set up your device again, or restore it from a previous backup stored on your machine. However, if you want to restore a previous backup, remember to sign in to your BlackBerry ID on the device first! If you're not sure how to do this, we have a full guide available.

The good news is, this process is almost identical on both PC and Apple Mac. Simply follow the same process as above. Finally, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.

VIA | nakumba

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-dead-red-light-blinks/m-p/2478589/highligh...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

So what happens if your SD card is encrypted? Will the Z10 read it again if you re-load the OS? Cuz before encrypting the SD card, you get a warning that the SD card can not be used in other devices AND if you do a security wipe you have to 1st decrypt your SD card. 

So...looking at the above scenario when the BB becomes totally non-responsive to the point you have to re-load the OS, my guess is that the data on the SD card it wil  be non readable after re-installing the OS?

Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Leslie8120 wrote:

So what happens if your SD card is encrypted? Will the Z10 read it again if you re-load the OS? Cuz before encrypting the SD card, you get a warning that the SD card can not be used in other devices AND if you do a security wipe you have to 1st decrypt your SD card. 

So...looking at the above scenario when the BB becomes totally non-responsive to the point you have to re-load the OS, my guess is that the data on the SD card it wil  be non readable after re-installing the OS?

If your SD Card is encrypted, then updating the OS may be render the SD Card unaccessible, so before you do an update of the OS it is highly recommended that you first unencrypt the card

If your SD Card is encrypted, and you reload the OS or change device the SD Card is then unaccessible, so before you reload or change device, if possible unencrypt the card

When the SD Card is unaccessible because it was encrypted, the only way to access it again is to FORMAT and start from scratch

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Forums Advisor III
Leslie8120
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.

So in other words..... if your OS freezes, unfortunatelly you can`t decrypt the SD card .... and if the only way to restart the phone is by re-installing the OS, then you are out of luck with everything you had on that SD card. Yep! I guess there is a price to pay for security