Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

My Z10 works greast until I put it in my new flipcover. Then the speaker goes to MUTE?? No Sound?

It's frustrating.

When I put my z10 in the flipcover, it's almost like the speaker is muted.

1) It rings but I cannot hear it ring,

2) I answer and everyone hears me, but I cannot hear them.

I  checked voicectrl, holster settings, volumes.

Works perfectly until I put it in the flipcover...

Why? I did not expect this from a brand new 3day old phone? or just-released flipcovers...

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: My Z10 works greast until I put it in my new flipcover. Then the speaker goes to MUTE?? No Sound?

I have a similar problem with the pouch. My phone rings but disconnects the call when I take it out of the pouch. The Pouch worked great on a prvious BB Bold but I am not so happy with it on the Z10.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: My Z10 works greast until I put it in my new flipcover. Then the speaker goes to MUTE?? No Sound?

Johannes

Did you disable your holster settings in your z10? I know you can switch off your holster answer & hang up setting. It could also be a software issue.

Mine is frustrating. Muting my z10 speaker intermittent. No solutions yet
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Yes, I have just checked again the Holster settings are OFF. I Will play around with this tonight and see if I can recreate the problem.