Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 (STL 100-2)

My faulty Z10

Hi There

Can anyone please help. Just over 4 months ago, I threw away my iPhone 4S & got myself a shiny new Z10. Since the Z10 was launched, I wanted one & when I finally got mine, I was "over the moon" happy. To make a long story short, since I got mine, it is now the 2nd time that it has been sent in for repairs.....I'm currently waiting for it to come back from repairs. I'm really NOT happy about this & definitely not what I had expected from BlackBerry as a first time customer. I'm now starting to loose serious interest in BlackBerry & there's no way that I can afford another handset.

Does anyone know how I can contact BlackBerry directly about these issues. I've tried Twitter (BlackberryHelp) a few times already, but I get no response at all from BlackBerry. I would really appreciate it if anyone has some advice for me. At times like these, I wish that I rather had kept my iPhone 4S.

:Helpsmilie:

Regular Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: My faulty Z10

[ Edited ]

If it is hardware Problem then the only way is through repair. But if it is software related, you can always try to reload your OS, either using old school method "autoloader", or using BB Link or you can always try new method using SIC which wipes clean your device before loading new OS into it.

Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Mornay72 wrote:

Does anyone know how I can contact BlackBerry directly about these issues. I've tried Twitter (BlackberryHelp) a few times already, but I get no response at all from BlackBerry. I would really appreciate it if anyone has some advice for me. At times like these, I wish that I rather had kept my iPhone 4S.

:Helpsmilie:

Vodafone is your contact with BlackBerry. They can escalate any issue "up" to BlackBerry technical support.

If you need help here, you'll need of course to give us detailed information on the issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

A bit more information would be helpful.  For instance, if this is the second phone you've sent in for repair, is it for the exact same fault?  What was wrong?  Multiple fail devices can often be traced to something a user is doing.  For example, not using the correct charger seems to be a repeat-fail culprit. 

yea, more detailed information... exactly what I asked for above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. It's the same phone that's been sent in twice now. The first time I had the following issues & my Z10 was sent in about mid Feb 2014:

* Phone was lagging & the OS wasn't as buttery smooth as it should be.

* Phone was unresponsive at times.

* Loading of Blackberry World was very slow.

* Blackberry World was also very slow when searching for apps - I did a test the one time, whereby searching for an app that I knew was in Blackberry World & the result was that the app didn't exist. When I did the test again, it showed that the app did in fact exist.

* My contacts was in chaos & all messed up, with missing & duplicated information.

* Whenever I did a full backup & restored all my data again, I found that some of my data was missing.

* Phone was switching off by itself.

I did a factory reset on numerous times, but the above issues still existed.

When I got my phone back, I was informed by the technician that the only thing he did was reload the OS & that he couldn't find anything else wrong with it.

The second time, this same phone was sent in with the following issues:

* A vertical blue line on the display.

* Phone was still lagging.

I'm currently waiting for the return of my handset.

The lay, slowness etc, and all except the line we can help you with here.

The blue line could be a screen proplem and I hope they can resolve that.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I just got my Z10 back from repairs today. The display assembly has been changed, to solve the blue line issue. I'm not sure if the lagging is still there, I'll check on that once I've restored my phone.

Any lagging will go away after a day or so, after loading and syncing new data.

I upgraded mine Saturday afternoon and it took 24 hours until the device settled down.

Knowledge Base Updates