Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

mixbless
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: NO SOUNDS ON NOTIFICATIONS

It has nothing to do with blue tooth or anything, this is just a bug. Once the notification sounds stop I have noticed that the whole phone stops doing what it should, rotation, can't answer calls until I restart the phone. It's not about turning off the sound mistakenly.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blairwooff
My Device: z10
My Carrier: sasktel

I've got the exact same problem with my Z10. No custom notifications, everything is set to make noise, but I get no sound for BBM text or calls. The notifications item in the 6 item drop menu is not blue (as a side note, this is an odd system - for each of the other icons such as wifi or rotation lock, blue means 'on', but for the notifications, blue means 'off'. And blue or not, the notifications still remain as 'normal'...but I digress)
The way to 'solve' it for me is a restart. I don't have to pull the battery, just press and hold the power button on the top and select 'restart'. Definitely a bug in this one.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Absolutely a bug, as referenced in the.KB article previously attached in this thread. :smileyhappy:

The reason the icon goes blue to turn off the sounds is that you are actually turning on silent mode, as per the icon (a bell with a line through it.) Thinking of it in that manner should help to see where the UI team was coming from.  :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
blairwooff

Sorry, didn't notice a KB article reference and can't seem to find it. Does it offer a solution? Can you send me a link?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Sorry, so many threads on this on this board.. Didn't realize that this one doesn't have the link. :smileywink:

Here it is.

No resolution yet, but I imagine they are working hard to get this one fixed. :smileywink:

It would be great if the mods on this forum could combine these posts together... We'd only have about 10 threads on this forum... Lol.

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clsyy1992
My Carrier: AT&T

hey i have the exact same issue with you and it really bothers me. i cant even hear any sound after i plug in my headphone in... its just totally no sound...

have u figure out any solutions yet? this should be a bug but nothing wrong with the phone itself right?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jawzlyn
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

Same problem:  notification sounds weren't working properly.  Rebooted the device and back in business.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
blairwooff

Seems like the solution is to update the OS software. I'm running 10.0.9.348 and everything is working fine for this issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
csawai
My Carrier: Reliance

Same thing is happening with me . Found out that it may be because of

1. Bluetooth

2. Hot spot connections

3. Faulty head jacket as the phone thinks that headphones are plugged in .

BB team, please solve this issue

i am running on  10.0.10.648 os. We have no updates in India.

Help!

Please use plain text.
shadowdawg
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: tmobile

I have the same issues,all i did was hit the volume key up and it restored the sound.. U don't need to reboot the phone . It's kinda  but at least it fixes the prob for me.

Please use plain text.