Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
csawai
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Reliance
Accepted Solution

NO sound notification on NORMAL

Hello Team, 

I have been using z10 for a week now. I have noticed a major problem lately. Even when my phone is on Normal mode, I am not able to hear any voice (speaker) when i play any songs or put the phone on speaker mode. I also cannot hear any notificiation sounds. Please help team. 

I can see led blinking though. i have missed many important calls lately.

I can hear notificaiton sounds when i am using headphones!!

I am using version 10.0.10.648

STL 100-1

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: NO sound notification on NORMAL

Hello,

Please try a normal battery-pop reboot.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
csawai

Thanks for the quick reply. I have already done that. I have been resaerching a lot on the internet and found out that there are cases where the phone doesnt ring ..external speaker is down.

Do you think that the head phone jack is faulty as i can hear everything on that or is it a software problem???

I have tried everything from battery reset to restarts to changing ..profiles . Still no luck. Feels bad that you have paid so much and there is no solution..:smileysad:

Please help
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

At an internet distance, it is impossible to diagnose anything for sure. What you suspect is certainly possible, along with other things.

Beyond what you've already tried, the only other thing I can think of is an OS reload...you conduct that via the Link software.

Or, given how new the device is, you might prefer to seek warranty support. Devices designed, built, and operated by humans cannot expect to be perfect...you may well have a defective unit.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
csawai

[ Edited ]
thanks for the help. I will try out the OS reload.   i will try my luck :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clsyy1992
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

have you fixed it yet? the problem really drives me crazy and im thinking about going back to my 9900 ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
csawai

Yes.

Delete all paired BT devices.

Delete hotspot Profiles

Increase sound  volume key for keypad

REstart the phone,,

All done.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
livefree19
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Indosat

I have same problem with you. No sound no vibrate.Security wipe didn't work. what should i do? :No:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gbab
My Device: Blackberrry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi there i have also been experiencing the same problem, i have updated software version 10.0.10.99... and it still seems to have a problem, however i realised now that i had my Z10 paired to another phone, i removed the device and restarted the phone so am hoping that it doesnt happen again.,..

Csawai i wold like to know has your method worked in the long run? or should one consider taking the phone in for repair?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
csawai

THe phone is working fine now. No issues after i unpaired the device. If the problem persists please replace it. Also i have noticed that the head phone jacket is faulty in some cases , so the phone wont notify and sound wont work but when you plug in head phones it is all fine. try to clean the jacket of head phone...

cheers!

Please use plain text.