Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Network unlock problem

Hi, 

I have ended my contract with vodafone uk and obtained my NUC. When I input this code into the mobile, it accepts the code but still network remains locked. please help me as I wanted to use this mobile phone abroad.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Network unlock problem

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, I can only surmise that the code is not valid. You should try no further with it and seek out a replacement code from a valid source.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi and thanks for your help !

I currently stay in India and got the unlock code from Vodafone UK.

I recently contacted Vodafone uk regarding this and what I could make out from their reply was that the mobile phone (z10) should be connected to the home network (Vodafone UK) to get the phone unlocked succesfully.
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

That may well be the case...I've not heard that restriction before, but my not hearing of it does not invalidate it. If what they say is accurate, then you may well be unable to unlock it until returning onto their network.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

There's definitely a problem. Same issue for me and my Q10 as well as many others: CrackBerry