Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

New BlackBerry Z10 Corrupting files on my MicroSD

[ Edited ]
Recently got my new BlackBerry Z10 had a micro SD from my BlackBerry 9360 been working fine and fully functional MICRO SD. Now in my BB Z10 the files keep corrupting with an error message saying data file is corrupt or error saying file format format not readable. Formatted the card and tried more still the same errors. Pictures, PDF's, Music, all lost had all of them backed up thankfully and only a few shots I'd taken I lost, but very inconvenient. Anyone knows a fix?. Recently updated to the new BB10.2 software with no difference.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: New BlackBerry Z10 Corrupting files on my MicroSD

[ Edited ]

Did you format the SD card in a computer or in the phone. Recommended is in the phone. However, it is also possible the SD card has reached the end of its life. They cannot write/rewrite endlessly. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30.
My Carrier: Rogers

Mbadboyz wrote:
Recently got my new BlackBerry Z10 had a micro SD from my BlackBerry 9360 been working fine and fully functional MICRO SD. Now in my BB Z10 the files keep corrupting with an error message saying data file is corrupt or error saying file format format not readable. Formatted the card and tried more still the same errors. Pictures, PDF's, Music, all lost had all of them backed up thankfully and only a few shots I'd taken I lost, but very inconvenient. Anyone knows a fix?. Recently updated to the new BB10.2 software with no difference.

Try to put the microSD card back into your BB 9360  just to see if it works there .If it does, then you can connect both BB`s to the computerr via USB, do not open BB Link, instead open "My Computer" and there you should find your Blacberry`s.  Or, get a card reader, put the microSD into it, connect it to the computer, then plug in your Z10 with the OEM USB data cable (enable mass storage) and then transfer the files over to your Z10.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have exactly the same problem. It happens with an assortment of files. I have had the problem after removing pictures via the Gallery, but also after removing songs in the filemanager or even with WhatsApp after a number of files being sent. The data on the SD card gets corrupt. The phone works, but everything connected to the card works slowly or not at all (Music, Camera, WhatsApp, File Manager). I have had to format and wipe my SD card a couple of times, which was particularly annoying with the 64 GB one. What is causing this and how can it end?

Highlighted
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

When you format your card are you formatting to fat32 format in your PC? Or are you formatting in your phone?