Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
catkins
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Definitely something that's been very frustrating to me and intended small business usage for the Z10. My expectation compared to my old BlackBerry setup was an improved connectivity between my new mobile and my desktop Outlook calendar especially! But instead I now have nothing to link my desktop appointments with Z10 - its not a sensible decision and like others I don't want to end up on a cloud based setup. As with any new OS I expected a few delays to some apps but I did expect improved Outlook connectivity to be a Core component.

Contributor
mediabirdie
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook

Picked up the Z10 today and am somewhat horrified reading thru this string to discover that contacts/calendar syncing is not an option.  HOW COULD THIS BE TRUE?   Blackberry please help - it is insufficient to say the least to "not mention it" in Blackberry Link.  What was your expectation for contact management ???????

Contributor
ddch
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi,

Am in the same boat, greatly disappointed in losing the sync function. 

Am currently awaiting to see when Companionlink software becomes available, it seems they are waiting on their Dejaoffice being approved in App World.  They are offering a $12 discount till 12/2/13 thus making the cost more bearable.

It looks like will have to go down this route as Blackberry dont seem to be offering anything soon or ever,

I did look at other SMART phones but none I liked so waited on the new Z10, didnt expect it not to have this sync function missing.

I did previous try using the cloud on a previous BB, but it is fraught with danger being a security risk, and yes my account was hacked and all my contacts who had email addresses got spammed.

New Contributor
pgeorge1997
My Device: Z10

I purchased a new Z10 yesterday and spent hours trying to transfer my information from my old Blackberry. Each time I did a transfer, the details would tell me the Calendar had been successfully transferred but it di not in fact. I have an empty calendar. I cannot fathom how Blackberry could not include Outlook synchronization!! Even Apple has recognized the importance of this feature!
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook - I'm done

[ Edited ]

This is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!    I have been loyal to Blackberry since Day 1 and to have this happen.  I too am a small business owner that uses Outlook for everything. My business is centered around it. I am not interested in going to a web based Cloud like Outlook.,com etc becuase of privacy reasons and space limitations.  I have years worth of valuabel information in my Outlook.

I have purchased the Companion Link and they do not support the z10 yet. $50.00 .  

On another note, I cannot believe the voice control feature.  The femail voice sounds so cold an robotic like out of the 70's .  You cannot even ask it to navigate for you.    

I have had my phone for 18 hours and spent all my awake time setting it up.   I am asking for a refund as soon as Telus opens this morning.

I have been let down.  I am a small Business owner and have always tried to support Candian COmpanies like Rim but I have found my line in the sand  :smileysad: 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

andrew21212 wrote:

I have been loyal to Blackberry since Day 1 and to have this happen.  I too am a small business owner that uses Outlook for everything. My business is centered around it. I am not interested in going to a web based Cloud like Outlook.,com etc becuase of privacy reasons and space limitations.  I have years worth of valuabel information in my Outlook.

Hey! That's my story!

But I am not aware of any space limitation. For now, it is what it is, for me.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
mediabirdie
My Device: BBZ10 (so far), Playbook

Couldn't agree more.   Our businesses sound similar and no doubt we are representative of hundreds of thousands just like us.  Telus is hosting a Google+ hangout today (Feb 6th) about how to use the Z10.  There will be the opportunity to ask questions.  I defo signed up.   Telus is not my provider, but I am grateful to them for the chance to get to the bottom of this insane issue - as you so aptly call it.

New Contributor
Billyrock
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

I was a BB user from day one.  I switched to the S3 about six months ago because I wanted an all touch screen phone and the 9860 was doing for me. I was excited about the Z10 coming out and getting back to Blackberry...as I had one for so many years. Then I find out one of the main reasons I loved blackberry which is... simply plug in the usb and transfer everything, with a touch of a button feature is GONE???  What??? I still have the S3 and may be taking the Z10 back if this issue isn't fixed!  What an absolute deal breaker!!

Contributor
BrockLtd
My Device: BB Z10

[ Edited ]

As a long time, loud, proud supporter of RIM, & now BB, I just had to sign up on this forum to add my voice of discontent with the lack of sync ability between my laptop & the Z10. I actually went to my local store early so that there would be a lineup of at least one looking for the new BB phone & was delighted to find 3 others ahead of me. All small business owners like me. I knew there would not be any TV cameras in my outlying store but thought it was important to show, even if it was just to the kids selling phones in the store, that it's not only Apple that can get people out of bed early!

I'm not overly concerned with security but cloud based email functionality does add a little extra cost & management overhead that I'd rather avoid. Aside from having to live on a 3G network while awaiting the new Z10, my 15 month old Torch worked & the Outlook sync worked, it wasn't broke & I didn't have to fix it. I am now really frustrated that I've got this fantastic LTE speed, a great new predictive keyboard, a very nice handset, but no idea what my next appointment is while on the road. If this is Flow, it's all uphill!

I am still a little dumbfounded by this turn of events & I have no idea what I can try next. I probably won't be rushing over to the store today to replace the remaining 6 phones in our place & I would really like some official feedback from BlackBerry on the future of this valued feature. I don't mind waiting 'til the post-launch trauma is past but is this functionality something we can expect to have returned in a future release of BlackBerry Link? Or is it gone & banished forever?

A word of additional warning for anyone else about to get into the Z10, the BlackBerry Link software backed up all the information from my Torch & went through all the steps of restoring it to my new Z10 but nothing appeared to come across. Unfortunately, I'd already wiped & traded in the Torch so there was no going back for a 2nd shot. I'm not sure if I made an error in the process or if the process doesn't work but right now I'm out 5000+ contacts, my calendar, tasks, etc! Might be worth double checking with the support folk, in advance, if you plan a data transfer from your old phone to the new.

Contributor
lmsmes
My Device: 9850

I current own a 9850.   This is what I'm looking for in my next device:

A bigger screen.

The ability to deposit a check with my phone, so I don't have to drive to an ATM.

The ability to sync to Outlook like the Desktop Manager Allows.

While there are add-ons for the Android products, I have not seen anything that sounds like it will be as seamless as what the current Blackberry Desktop Manager allows. 

I'm fascinated that a company that states that it is concentrating on business would abandon the functionality that separated it from the other phones and has prevented me from moving to them.

I wonder if this is so because Microsoft will be moving all of their applications into the cloud?   But it doesn't sound like the cloud applications are working that well either?   Can anyone speak to this?

Thanks,

Laurie