Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I've been struggling with this as well.  My calendar on my old Bold 9780 was a local calendar (not associated with any web based email or anything like that)  I spent 57 minutes on the phone with Blackberry before getting disconnected and they were no closer to helping me.  So I was on my own.

After setting up my 2 email accounts (Yahoo and Google Apps) I figured I had to get my calendar from my old Bold to Outlook then to the cloud then it will get to my Z10 on it's own.

I ended up having success with getting my calendar to my Yahoo account and now have it on my Z10 without any issues (that I've noticed thus far).  The only main issue is that now I've written off having my Outlook calendar and device calendary syncing...but I can now use my Yahoo calendar from any browser...which isn't too bad considering everything.

As a point of info, I also tried uploading my Outlook calendar (*.ics file) to my Google Apps account.  And it synced much quicker than my Yahoo calendar eventually did.  But there are a few issues:  It did not recognize any recurring appointments that had been changed on certain occasions (for example, appointments that I had manually set with an hour delay one week was synced as the original time, losing that exception).  The other big issue, is that on the Z10 I can't edit any of the appointments - can't delete, change name, time, location, or reminder alert details.  So that was useless and annoying to me.

My conclusion: Sync your old Blackberry with Outlook.  Save that calendar as a .ics file. Then import that into your web based email account. Then have patience.  Do it before you go to sleep so you don't keep checking wondering if it will or won't work.

Not saying it will work for everyone, but this is the best fix I can figure out for my situation.

Now, my only question is how to set my default calendar to my Yahoo account calendar - so that when I enter a new appointment the colour matches.  Right now I have to manually change it as I create the appointment.

(I have 10 days left to return my Z10...I've never had to try so hard to like a phone) :No:

New Contributor
GorgeousChris

I too am a small business owner. I typically wouldn't take the time to complain, but this HORRIBLE! What BS! I have thousands of contact and just irate with BB. If I knew I could not transfer my contacts and calendar I would not have made the purchase. I am giving it a couple more day to see what BB will do and then going to return it if no action has taken place. I have wasted too much time on this already. I have to carry my old blackberry around to access my contacts.

Get off your hands BB and fix this or at least give us direction. I tried to go the Companionlink, but BB has not approved DejaOffice app yet. You think you may want to push this one through!

Definetely a deal breaker for me!

Contributor
SurveySoft
My Device: Z10, 9530, PlayBook

i had a problem not getting contacts because I didn't use the same email address on this phone as the one I originally used when I set up my previous Blackberry.  Is this the same situation as yours?

New Contributor
IWCGroup
My Device: Z10

After spending more time on this device than I've ever had on any blackberry device in the last 10 years, I had to switch back to my 9900.

I see all these other 'paid' solutions that are 'almost' ready based on BB App store approval, and I commend them for coming up with a solution, BUT, why am I now forced to pay for a service that for the past 10 years I've used for free!? 

This shouldn't be a nice to have option, it should be like BBM on a blackberry, a MUST HAVE option.  My friend had her R&D friend from RIM over helping her with her blackberry issue.  Even he was confused as to why this was so difficult.

The solution he came up with was to connect the old BB, with the Z10 via Bluetooth, then sync the calendar, contacts and notes.  But even he had many issues trying to get this resolved and eventually gave up.

I hope someone with some type of authority at BB is reading these forums and bringing this issue up at the next board meeting.

Contributor
catkins

In the light of all the problems that are occuring with the lack of Outlook sync, the likelihood of a delay before any app or upgrade is released, and the number of totally different posts that have been put up about this problem, if you feel that this software is working relatively well, might it be worth you reposting this info re gSynchit as a brand new posting with perhaps a 'Outlook sync to Gmail/calendar and therefore BB Z10 calendar' typing heading?

This potentially will help a lot of people in the short and longer term, as it sounds as though it means that you can easily sync Outlook to Google calendar, and once Google calendar has all our appointments etc, it can therefore be picked up by BB Z10's calendar assumimg that Gmail calendar has been selected under 'Calendar' . . 'Manage' - am I correct in understanding that is the process that works for your wife?

By putting this info into a separate posting on the forum, then this really useful info will be spotted by many more people without having to trawl though numerous headings and postings! Great find if it works easily!

Contributor
Zelion
My Device: bold 9000

dont like this type of softyware , because again going thru the cloud of some 3rd party software.

BB needs to fix this asap or I will not switch to BB10

Contributor
catkins

Well there's certainly enough concern about the issues arising from all data being placed on the cloud, but security issues are no better / no worse for any use of data now-a-days - just looking at the permissions granted to many apps on any smartphone always raises my concerns! But the cloud does seem to be where much is heading and for those who need a short term solution to using there Outlook calendar on the Z10 then this software could provide a solution.
But let's also hope that BB get the message too, and releases an update that recognises the needs of many typical BB users to link and sync with their desktop Outlook software.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)

I can only add my disappointment to those expressed above at the inability of synchronising a Z10 with Outlook.

Those in charge at Blackberry really need to consider their folly in omitting this feature, as all they have done is alienated further, many like myself who hung on awaiting the latest devices, as we believed in the products despite the detractors.

Now, I have used Blackberries in various guises for many years now and in addition to email, what is important to me, is synchronising to my Outlook in the most simplest and efficient way possible available to me which is via DM and USB cable.

For the Z10, I find through Blackberry Link, I can synchronise via USB cable, my music, pictures, videos and documents, so why not Outlook?

I suppose my situation is like many who are expressing their views at this oversight, I run my own small business, with standalone PC, using Outlook 2010 for Tasks, Notes, Calendar and POP email - just like a lot of small businesses, where synchronising my contacts and calendars are an essential mirror of my office when I am on the road.

Sorry Blackberry, but after the long wait for the launch, the frustration of no Outlook Sync, unless our only option is to use a 3rd party, (and why should I); I am to return to my 9780 and when that dies, look for something else that does suit my needs.
New Contributor
hajmuntz
My Device: bold 9900 & playbook

Not sure I get it. My BB syncs perfectly OTA. Does your business not run exchange?
Contributor
Zelion
My Device: bold 9000

No my business doesn't run exchange.