Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Qoute [ who did BB think were going to buy the new phone - previous non-bb users - no , we who sufferred ridicule for not going to iPhones a year ago. ]

Another valid qoute .    I thought with the Staff turnover last year they would have got past thier old mentality.  It seems there is some of them still in the background with their geneous ideas that got BB and us users into this spot.

I sure feel stupid waiting all this time for the Z10 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10

andrew21212 wrote:

I sure feel stupid waiting all this time for the Z10 

Yes, agreed.  Now multiply that by the hours we're all spending trying to start using it......

Somewhere Steve Jobs is laughing hysterically at us....

Contributor
wjltoronto
My Device: BB10

BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution in sight

Note, I changed the subject title to reflect what this thread is saying.  A very disappointing message.

A large part of the world market perhaps even a majority  use Outlook to managed email, contacts and calendar at their desktops.  I use Outlook at my desktop with a single user email account via Rogers, not a backend Exchange platform.  I already have an old iPhone that syncs my Outlook inbox, calendar and contacts. I purchased the BB10 to move up in technology, get the ability to manage which email folders get synchronized and also enable me to easily sync selected documents.

Although the BB10 does the later it does not appear to be capable of managing the simple task of synchronizing emails, contacts and calendar data with Outlook. Having two unsynchronized copies of this data puts us further into the dark ages, almost back to the period of "sneaker transfer".   So you stop using Outlook, join the cloud, or don't buy BB.

I would be surprised to learn this is a planned BB strategy.  I find it hard to believe BB would turn their back on such a large market at this critical juncture in their business. Therefore I have to believe it was an oversight or a very bad glitch; but if that is true, then where is the corporate communication to mitigate the damage.  If BB does not address this sync-with-Outlook-data issue in the next few days I fail to see how the BB10 product will prosper let alone save the company.  

As an investor this is very sad as I have been a backer of the company for some time.  As a consumer this is disappointing and I will be bringing my BB10 back to the vendor if I do not see a solution or at least a promise of a solution within the next few days.  I suspect I will not be alone.

By the way the 3rd party solution by Comopanionlink that was mentioned in this thread looks interesting but I cannot wait until May to see if it works.  

I hope this thread turns positive in the next day or two.     

Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution in sight

I'd love to invest in the company that first develops a fix for this issue.  BB will have to accommodate it and every Outlook user will demand it.

Who's in? :Genius:

Regular Visitor
Split
My Device: Z10

The Z10 is my 5th BB. Pleased with all up to now. I cannot believe BB is dumb enough to think syncing with Outlook is not as important as syncing pictures of my dog or my tunes. Believe it or not but most BB users actually do have a computer that runs Outlook. I waited a long time for the Z10 trying to be loyal to BB.

Bought the Z10 yesterday - sending it back today - getting an iPhone tomorrow.

Contributor
SurveySoft
My Device: Z10, 9530, PlayBook

Sorry to hijack, but I simply can't see the use of not using IMAP.  I might be biased because I don't have to keep the email on a "public cloud", as most of my email goes through one of my webservers, thus I have less concern with privacy.  I must admit, that I would not want all of my email residing on google or hotmail, and having to trust all security there.

I was a convert when I realized I could access all of my email from any device, anytime with IMAP.

Please don't hate me, I'm just saying.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

XBetadogX wrote:

Read my posts and you will see that I am disappointed like the rest of us. But outlook com with outlook connecter is easy to setup and can be used for calendar and contacts and not email. This does and will accomplish the same thing as use sync. 

Actually, no it does not.

I've set up the same workaround, and while yes, indeed outlook.com with the Outlook Connector will sync calendar, UNLESS you use the outlook.com email address to have your calendar invites sent, it won't work.

For example, in my case, my private domain email will be receivng the calendar invites. That won't sync to the outlook.com account. Unless I start giving all my clients, friends and customers this new outlook.com email account, any calendar invites are only created on a second calendar of my private domain. If I accept that calendar invite on my desktop outlook, fine... but it won't sync to my BlackBerry because it's been sent to the wrong account.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
XBetadogX
My Device: z10

Nope set default calender on BlackBerry to outlook

Com account then anything u accept goes into that calender unless you accept on computer on computer don't click accept click on meeting and choose the right calender. Not ideal but work.      Sorry still getting used to keyboard

JSanders

SurveySoft wrote:

Sorry to hijack, but I simply can't see the use of not using IMAP.  I might be biased because I don't have to keep the email on a "public cloud", as most of my email goes through one of my webservers, thus I have less concern with privacy.  I must admit, that I would not want all of my email residing on google or hotmail, and having to trust all security there.

SurveySoft, using IMAP has nothing to do with syncing contacts and calendar and doesn't apply to the issue of this thread, you'd kknow what had you read at least 3-4 of the post herein or at last the first two.

Thanks for your input.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
JSanders

XBetadogX wrote:

Nope set default calender on BlackBerry to outlook

Com account then anything u accept goes into that calender unless you accept on computer on computer don't click accept click on meeting and choose the right calender. Not ideal but work.      Sorry still getting used to keyboard

Let me play around with this.

Knowledge Base Updates