Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
ddch
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution in sight

Today I spoke the technical support of my carrier,  they acknowledged that thewre had been calls to them advsing of some of the issues and that they had passed these onto Blackberry.  THey were extremely helpful and even suggested that if I wan't hapy I should return the phone.

Later on today, I got a phonecall from Technical Support to advise that they had spoken to Blackberry about my reported issues and the other issues they knoew of, they told me that Blackberry was aware of the issues and that these were being looked it.

Technical support said that Balckberry were working on the BB Link issues including the Outlook sync and the issues with email.  Whilst they said Blackberry could not say when updated software/fixes would be available they did say it would be soon.

I know that soon could be anytime but it is nice to know Blackberry are working on some of the issues, as I said to technical support a lot of people used some of the functionality that has now been removed and that it would have been nice if Blackberry had been more up fron on what they had removed as opposed to many people getting a Z10 only to get frustrated.

I also said that since Blackberry are aware of the issues and are working on some of them it would be nice if they actually said this, instead of appearing to bury their head in the sand, technical support agreed with me on this point.

Am going to keep the Z10 and await the updated software/fixes,  unless I get trully frustrated in the next few days and return it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Some things don't change. BlackBerry never comments on forward looking issues. However, one thing has changed. They are listening. For that I think we'll have a winning device. It's new. I hope they are quick with updates.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DamianLoyalBB
My Device: BB Z10

I found this on another site and tried this sync solution.  I'm not a techie and it seems to work.  I have Outlook 2010.  My calendar appears to sync with my phone wirelessly after a while (up to 1 day)  Although I transferred my contacts from my Torch I don't have a solution to sync contacts yet.  Following is the post I used:

"Yes it will sync with outlook.com perfectly, wireless and automatically. All you have to do is put your outlook.com email address and password into the z10 when you first turn it on and the rest will be like magic! 

Now in order to get all of your contacts and calendars also synced to outlook.com, so they in turn sync to your phone you will need to make sure your outlook 2007 is also connected to outlook.com using active sync (since you have to manually export your contacts it must not be, because that would have happened automatically) In order to do that just follow the steps here How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account

and voila.. your outlook 2007, your outlook.com and your z10 will always be in sync for email, contacts and calendars.. no need to sync it manually, not need for the desktop manager software and no need for a usb cable.. if you ad an appointment to your phone calendar it will show up on your computer within minutes."

This is ridiculous that we have to find solutions for this.  I don't think Blackberry really understands the depth of loyalty some of their customers hold.  Or, maybe they do and they just take advantage of it!!!!  Sorry for the rant ... couldn't resist.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DamianLoyalBB
My Device: BB Z10

I found this on another site and tried this sync solution. I'm not a techie and it seems to work. I have Outlook 2010. My calendar appears to sync with my phone wirelessly after a while (up to 1 day) Although I transferred my contacts from my Torch I don't have a solution to sync contacts yet. Following is the post I used:

"Yes it will sync with outlook.com perfectly, wireless and automatically. All you have to do is put your outlook.com email address and password into the z10 when you first turn it on and the rest will be like magic!

Now in order to get all of your contacts and calendars also synced to outlook.com, so they in turn sync to your phone you will need to make sure your outlook 2007 is also connected to outlook.com using active sync (since you have to manually export your contacts it must not be, because that would have happened automatically) In order to do that just follow the steps here How to configure Outlook to connect to an outlook.com email account

and voila.. your outlook 2007, your outlook.com and your z10 will always be in sync for email, contacts and calendars.. no need to sync it manually, not need for the desktop manager software and no need for a usb cable.. if you ad an appointment to your phone calendar it will show up on your computer within minutes."

This is ridiculous that we have to find solutions for this. I don't think Blackberry really understands the depth of loyalty some of their customers hold. Or, maybe they do and they just take advantage of it!!!! Sorry for the rant ... couldn't resist.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gazelle
My Device: Blackberry Z10 switching from Bold 9700

I am extremly upset over this. As a business person I deal with alot of confidential information and take my responsibilites in protecting this data very seriously.  I cannot have any of my clients information on servers outside of the country, Canada as that is where they and I live. For this reason I keep my  contacts on my computer at home and do not put them on the email server. When my phone  was stolen 4 months ago I went in and spoke to my represntative about switching and he gave me a windows phone to use in the interm and my life has been hell without my blackberry. So now the 10 is here an in my hands and there is now way short of me continuing my hell and typing in my 500 contacts. This is inexcusable and a huge mistake on blackberrys part.

While I am on the subject of email. Who the hell ever said I wanted my email downloaded to my phone. Aahhhhhhh, now I have my 200+ emails coming at me from work, home and now my phone, I purposely never had email on my phone because it is a waste of my time to sift through it all the time. Ahhhhhh now my hell is added to and this is very stressful. The old blackberry software addressed these needs of mine perfectly, why did they mess with such a good "Canadian" thing.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gazelle

This is not an option if I wish to protect my clients data within the confines of the law as their servers are not within Canada. The only way to do this properly is to input the data again manually. GRRRRR
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I'm a huge advocate of bringing this option back. However, if data security is an issue you should really be using your own Exchange server with security policies in place for data security.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gazelle

[ Edited ]

We are doing so it is contained inhouse.  My husband is an IT manager for a municpality I will discuss it with him.

Does this mean a fix is being worked on?

Thankyou for the concern and quick response.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wjltoronto
My Device: BB10

Tweeking the outlook.com workaround to sync bb10 to Outlook

The Outlook.com solution is so close I can taste it but perhaps my expectations are off.

My email sounds confusing with too many outlook words but please bear with me.

DamianLoyalBB, sounds like you have things working to your satisfaction via outlook.com.

I almost have the Outlook.com thing working but with limited success.  

I want to keep my current email myname@rogers.com.  All emails from this account currently go to my Personal folder in Outlook 2007.   When I setup the outlook.com account myname@Outlook.com and completed the steps to add it to Outlook 2007 as another email account it was successful but insisted on creating a second Personal Folder in Outlook 2007.  When I tell my BB10 to sync to myname@outlook.com it will only sync what is in the Outlook 2007 Personal folder assigned to the myname@Outlook.com email address and does not include anything from the Outlook 2007 Personal folder assigned to myname@rogers.com

So how do I get the emails to from myname@rogers.com into the sync process?

Does anyone know how to either:

1)    get both Outlook 2007 Personal folders combined or

2)    setup outlook.com so I get the emails from myname@rogers.com included in the Outlook 2007 personal  folder assigned to the myname@outlook.com email address

3)  or  some other step or idea to change ion the process?

If we can achieve this, then there is a workaround for syncing BB10 to Outlook via Outlook.com without having to change email addresses.  This would be a start until BB comes out with a better solution.  Yes, I know it is in the cloud and many do not want this kind of soluttion but but can we even make the outlook.com worlaround work with current email addresses? 

Any Outlook and Outlook.com gurus out there that want to work on this with me offline on in the post?  I will volunteer to write the detailed step by step procedure once the solution works.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gazelle

Re: Tweeking the outlook.com workaround to sync bb10 to Outlook

When I had this problem with my old windows 8 phone, the ony way to do  it was to forward the emails to the new account.

Please use plain text.