Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
wjltoronto
My Device: BB10

Re: Tweeking the outlook.com workaround to sync bb10 to Outlook

interesting idea; maybe I could set a rule to forward all emails to .....  I'll have to experinment with that one, thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arthurmarkwillis
My Device: Z10

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Spot on Jerry, Outlook is essential for me too and i will be returning the Z10 shortly as its still under the 14 day cooling off period.

AMW
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gazelle
My Device: Blackberry Z10 switching from Bold 9700

The only caution I have is that you have to be cautious of privacy concerns. Remember the servers for outlook.com are not in Canada

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I realize this concern.

But in consideration, I have my doubts anyone is reading all the billions of emails passing through their systems. The idea is to sync the addresses and info. The email is POP'd anyways...

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I believe we are talking about syncing email addresses, notes, and the appointments. Not the email itself.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ndoki
My Device: z10

Okay, so Blackberry techs have confirmed they are working on a solution.

Another user found that it IS possible to sync with outlook.

And yet people are STILL complaining?

Look, the phone has been out a little over a week, I'm sure Blackberry has gotten a LOT of feedback about a LOT of issues, and are working as best they can to fix them.  I know everyone thinks their issue is the most important one and should be fixed first, but unfortunately that can't happen.  Turning in your phone, or dropping Blackberry altogether is NOT giving them encouragement to fix your issue.  Not only is it going to deprive them of the funds they need to fix your issue, but if everyone who used outlook switched to, say, an iphone, why would Blackberry need to fix it at all anymore?

And seriously, I don't think anything with online connectivity has been released in the past 10 years that didn't need regular updates and bug fixes.  The solutions ARE coming, and patience is a virtue.

Besides, am I the only one who likes the z10 for more than just ONE feature?  If outlook is the only thing that's important, why would you switch at all if your old phone already supported it?  Sure it sucks not everything works right now, but there's more to enjoy than just ONE feature.  Spleesh.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Mick1959
My Device: 9780 (returned Z10)

Ndoki,

I read your posts with interest.

A few glitches in a new product may be expected, but not a major omission such as simple syncing to Outlook, which is the key strength of owning a Blackberry.

Blackberry's silence is deafening on this issue.

Have I returned my Z10, yes I have, I want something that offers synching direct to Outlook for calendars etc.

I run a small business, have a standalone PC, no exchange server.  Synching via usb cable is a must.  I do not want convaluted work arounds or promises it will be sorted later this year.

Z10 offers sync with media via USB, a nice thing to have, but not an essential for small business users when Outlook is.

Blackerry have dropped the ball over this, alienated a significant user group and the longer people have to wait while there is no public announcement from Blackberry's over the matter, confidence in the BB10 will fade affecting sales.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wjltoronto
My Device: BB10

Mick1959,  a very good synopsis so I won't drag it on except to say I'm in the same boat as you.

Having said this, I am waiting until the last minute before returning the device.  I'm spending my spare time trying to find a workaround to the sync issue that will work for me.  Maybe not a smart use of my time but I'd really like to keep this phone, but only if I can get he darn sync issue fixed.  If not I will roll back to my old iPhone 3G or buy something else that does a good job of sycncing email, calendar, contacts;  not sure on what the latter would be.

In the meantime, in the spirit of this forum, to share issues and find solutions; hopefully a suitable short-term workaround will surface.  

Now back to my testing.......

signed

wishfully hopeful. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The one key problem ruth the outlook.com workaround is that any replies to a calendar invite will then come from that outlook.com address and that is not a professional outcome when you're using this workaround on a private email domain from your business.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Gazelle wrote:

The only caution I have is that you have to be cautious of privacy concerns. Remember the servers for outlook.com are not in Canada

I am in the same boat where I cannot have my Contacts in the Cloud outside of the Country.  Outllok.com is not the answer. You do have to realize these free emails like most Companies can change thier Privacy agreements at anytime and it is up to us to read them.   Outlook.com is limited on the amout you can upload.  We should not have to pay for more space etc.  THese last reasons are petty compared to the first one.  My Address Book must remain local .   I have opted to keep my Z10 as they indicated to me on Wed. that they intend to offer a solution. No date of course.  Till then my phone is just a Toy.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.