Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Graham-GB
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: o2

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

I am on my 5th Blackberry and i use it as a business tool, it formally sync with my standalone outlook, updated my calendar and contacts. Out of the office it gave me reminders and allowed me to sync my home computer. The Z10 only wants to sync music etc. This is a BB has always been a business tool.
This is not, I am getting to the point where I will probably give it back to 02 and rebert to the Storm.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Mick1959 wrote:

Ndoki,

I read your posts with interest.

A few glitches in a new product may be expected, but not a major omission such as simple syncing to Outlook, which is the key strength of owning a Blackberry.

Blackberry's silence is deafening on this issue.

Have I returned my Z10, yes I have, I want something that offers synching direct to Outlook for calendars etc.

I run a small business, have a standalone PC, no exchange server.  Synching via usb cable is a must.  I do not want convaluted work arounds or promises it will be sorted later this year.

Z10 offers sync with media via USB, a nice thing to have, but not an essential for small business users when Outlook is.

Blackerry have dropped the ball over this, alienated a significant user group and the longer people have to wait while there is no public announcement from Blackberry's over the matter, confidence in the BB10 will fade affecting sales.

Mick,   I couldn't agree with you more.

Ndoki,   The Otlook solution is not a solution.  Maybe you have not read all the posts. We all know about the outlook.com. This is no minor issue.    You asked why we upgraded?  Out phones of old where lacking in many other areas.  We took for granted that BB was in the know of the value of the Desktop Outlook Sync and never thought or were made aware they were going to drop this feature.

It is all this complaining or feedback that has put the Outlook Sync on the Map and made them aware of the issue.   Yes shame on them for not knowing thier customers needs but they are trying. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Tweeking the outlook.com workaround to sync bb10 to Outlook

I do hope that every one realise that Outlook.com is the same as Hotmail.com

Have 3 Hotmail.com accounts and all of them were "upgraded" to Outlook.com a few months ago, but they all still use the hotmail.com adress but the access on the web is using the not so user friendly of Outlook.com

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ndoki
My Device: z10

[ Edited ]

Ndoki,   The Otlook solution is not a solution.  Maybe you have not read all the posts. We all know about the outlook.com. This is no minor issue.    You asked why we upgraded?  Out phones of old where lacking in many other areas.  We took for granted that BB was in the know of the value of the Desktop Outlook Sync and never thought or were made aware they were going to drop this feature.

It is all this complaining or feedback that has put the Outlook Sync on the Map and made them aware of the issue.   Yes shame on them for not knowing thier customers needs but they are trying. 

Yes, my point is that the areas the other phones were lacking the z10 isn't, yet everyone seems to forget about them because outlook is missing.  I may not have read every post on here (only about half of them) but I did see the one where:

a)Blackberry said they WERE working on it in reply to the person who actually ASKED them instead of just jumping to conclusions, and

b)someone was quoted as saying: "Yes it will sync with outlook.com perfectly, wireless and automatically." and I'm wondering how that's "not a solution."

Also since I haven't read every single post please feel free to point me to the one where Blackberry said they didn't know about the outlook sync issue before all this "complaining or feedback".

My whole issue here is that so many people are jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, and ditching Blackberry because they can't fix everything at once, and that they may have to wait a little while for a solution.  For a phone that excels in so many areas I don't see how self-proclaimed Blackberry fans and supporters can't be bothered to manually enter in some data for a little while as it gets fixed (or use the solution posted earlier that, as far as I can tell, seems to work).  Instead everyone is just complaining about something they are already in the process of fixing and complaining more, like it'll make any difference.  All it's currently doing is pushing down other threads of people who need help on things that we might actually be able to help with.

Finally, like I said before, jumping ship while Blackberry is doing what they can to please everyone is not only showing you don't support the company or the product, but if anything is only making it HARDER for them to fix it.

There's really nothing more I can say on it though, so I'll stop.  Feel free to continue complaining.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

You need to read the whole thread. Because an issue is not important to you doesn't mean it doesn't leave others with no solution. The outlook com is NOT a solution for many but may work for some. Don't dismiss others' issues because they don't affect you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Zelion
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone

Besides that outlook.com is not a solution for many. BB should have thought of this issue themselves before.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Tweeking the outlook.com workaround to sync bb10 to Outlook

rat-7 wrote:

I do hope that every one realise that Outlook.com is the same as Hotmail.com

Have 3 Hotmail.com accounts and all of them were "upgraded" to Outlook.com a few months ago, but they all still use the hotmail.com adress but the access on the web is using the not so user friendly of Outlook.com

Yes we do.  Soon all Hotmail & Live.com will be forced to upgrade to Outlook.com but you will maintain your current email address.

Your comment is unrelated to the Sync issue we are having  with Our Desktop Outlook.  With the Dektop Outlook we can use any email address from any provider POP or freemail etc..

Outlook.com has it's limitations and is not acceptable for this user. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Ndoki
My Device: z10

John_Clark wrote:
You need to read the whole thread. Because an issue is not important to you doesn't mean it doesn't leave others with no solution. The outlook com is NOT a solution for many but may work for some. Don't dismiss others' issues because they don't affect you.

Feel free to quote me where I said it wasn't important.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SgtWilko
My Device: 8310, Playbook, Z10, 9900

Ndoki wrote:

Yes, my point is that the areas the other phones were lacking the z10 isn't, yet everyone seems to forget about them because outlook is missing.  I may not have read every post on here (only about half of them) but I did see the one where:

a)Blackberry said they WERE working on it in reply to the person who actually ASKED them instead of just jumping to conclusions, and

b)someone was quoted as saying: "Yes it will sync with outlook.com perfectly, wireless and automatically." and I'm wondering how that's "not a solution."

Also since I haven't read every single post please feel free to point me to the one where Blackberry said they didn't know about the outlook sync issue before all this "complaining or feedback".

My whole issue here is that so many people are jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, and ditching Blackberry because they can't fix everything at once, and that they may have to wait a little while for a solution.  For a phone that excels in so many areas I don't see how self-proclaimed Blackberry fans and supporters can't be bothered to manually enter in some data for a little while as it gets fixed (or use the solution posted earlier that, as far as I can tell, seems to work).  Instead everyone is just complaining about something they are already in the process of fixing and complaining more, like it'll make any difference.  All it's currently doing is pushing down other threads of people who need help on things that we might actually be able to help with.

Finally, like I said before, jumping ship while Blackberry is doing what they can to please everyone is not only showing you don't support the company or the product, but if anything is only making it HARDER for them to fix it.

There's really nothing more I can say on it though, so I'll stop.  Feel free to continue complaining.

Ndoki,

I think you are missing the point. Most 'complainers' on this thread are bb users who rely on the synchronisation feature for their day to day business. It does not matter to us if the phone has many other qualities if we can't use it as we did our previous bb. Which means we have to revert to whatever phone allows us to carry on with our business until bb fixes this blunder. As I said in a previous post, I am a diehard bb fan and although I have returned my Z10, I switched it for a bb 9900 which meets all my business needs minus all the cool stuff available with the Z10. When bb solves the issue, I'll gladly reconsider the new phones.

Somewhat off topic:

Now, your comment about how it is 'normal' for a new phone to come out riddled with bugs and missing features illustrates why we are stuck today with manufacturers releasing product prematurely. It is absolutely NOT normal and very frustrating for users. Sure there will always be a few kinks that need to be ironed out over time but major issues and lost/broken functionalities have to be caught and corrected pre-launch. Because users have come to expect new products to have problems, manufacturers have been taking more and more risks. I have been in high-tech product development management for 30 yrs with both private and public companies and I can tell you that I've seen many companies fail due to premature product releases. Sadly, public companies are more prone to premature releases due to quarterly results publication and market/shareholder pressure. There is a constant tug of war between tech execs and business execs about release dates. Since the business execs wield more power than the tech execs (and have to answer to the board and to the street), products tend to be released earlier than they should. Unless we as users send a strong message that we don't want to be beta testers at our own expense, that trend will continue. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution in sight

rstruys wrote:

how do we get the message to Blackberry for a response - there is little point in us talking to each other!!

as usual with BlackBerry, your best way is to to complain to your carrier helpdesk, and demand either to be escalated to the Level2 RIM support, or make sure your carrier helpdesk communicates this issue to RIM.

RIM does stats on all the issue that their clients (=carriers) give them.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.