Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

Ndoki wrote:

Turning in your phone, or dropping Blackberry altogether is NOT giving them encouragement to fix your issue.  Not only is it going to deprive them of the funds they need to fix your issue, but if everyone who used outlook switched to, say, an iphone, why would Blackberry need to fix it at all anymore?

Hello Ndoki,

I have some comments about this part of your email.

Firstly, this issue concerns BlackBerry users who use Microsoft Outlook, and who do not wish to have their Outlook contacts in the cloud. This is a very important matter to those people, even a deal breaker for some of them, and from what I read here, those people are numerous enough that BlackBerry is aware and seems to be working on bringing a solution.

That being said, I do not think this is the majority of the BlackBerry users (Outlook is quite an expensive software), and that even if they did all return their BlackBerry Z10 because of that, it would not mean that BlackBerry will not look into this issue ; since this would prevent further angry people returning their brand new BlackBerry Z10 phone.

Secondly, BlackBerry does not need funds. Apart from the shares, BlackBerry has no debt, and their financial status, though not enough for some, is one of the most solid one for world companies of this size. So yes, even if nobody bought the Z10 at all, they obviously still have the funds to continue working on enhancements, bugfixes, new OS, new devices and new businesses.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: BB10 will not sync with Outlook with no BB solution in sight

rstruys wrote:

how do we get the message to Blackberry for a response - there is little point in us talking to each other!!

I phoned.  That is how.    There is a valid point for us to talk to each other.  This is how we get thngs done.  They are here and reading and even answering some posts.

I am sure they will answer when they have something to say at this point.

To say the very least ,  This thread is doing what it is intended to do,  make them aware and hopefully a solution will be found.     

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
Ndoki
My Device: z10

[ Edited ]

Too many quotes, things got a little messed up, sorry.

SgtWilko wrote:
When bb solves the issue, I'll gladly reconsider the new phones.

Somewhat off topic:

Now, your comment about how it is 'normal' for a new phone to come out riddled with bugs and missing features illustrates why we are stuck today with manufacturers releasing product prematurely. It is absolutely NOT normal and very frustrating for users. Sure there will always be a few kinks that need to be ironed out over time but major issues and lost/broken functionalities have to be caught and corrected pre-launch. Because users have come to expect new products to have problems, manufacturers have been taking more and more risks. I have been in high-tech product development management for 30 yrs with both private and public companies and I can tell you that I've seen many companies fail due to premature product releases. Sadly, public companies are more prone to premature releases due to quarterly results publication and market/shareholder pressure. There is a constant tug of war between tech execs and business execs about release dates. Since the business execs wield more power than the tech execs (and have to answer to the board and to the street), products tend to be released earlier than they should. Unless we as users send a strong message that we don't want to be beta testers at our own expense, that trend will continue. 

And that's perfectly fine.  I completely understand waiting for a new product to have it's problems ironed out before getting it, especially if it's missing a feature you rely on.  It's the people who are just completely leaving blackberry altogether because of this that bother me.

In a perfect world I'm sure every product that comes out would be perfect, and we'd never need updates, or even hardware upgrades.  Unfortunately with the complexity of programming, and the sheer amount of it there's no such thing as a perfect release.  Even with key features they can sometimes be left behind to meet time constraints, space, or funding.  If you don't think it's normal ask anyone who's running any version of windows later than xp how their .gif viewing is going.

I'd also like to point out that to the U.S. this IS pre-launch.  For all we know the day it's released in the states they could release a huge update that fixes this issue, and many others.  It's a double-edged sword getting the hardware earlier than the rest of the world.  If you honestly thing it would be better for the company and it's consumers to be delayed until this was fixed, go tell that to the Americans who are already walking away from Blackberry for having to wait.

Finally, you say you "have been in high-tech product development management for 30 yrs" then tell me this: when a company's stock is falling, they are laying off, what, hundreds of thousands of staff, faith in the company is crashing around the world, and people are anxious to get something new from them, would you really advise them to delay their product?

Finally,  yes this issue is important to a lot of people, but so are a lot of other problems, and they can't fix them all at once.  Nor can they postpone the release until all the issue are fixed, or it'll never be released.

And really, how is beating this dead horse any more going to fix anything?  They already said they were working on it, why is this thread continuing?
Contributor
DamianLoyalBB
My Device: BB Z10

Perhaps I've missed something. Has there been an official Blackberry statement confirming they are working on this problem? They haven't sent me, a Z10 purchaser, and a contributor to this thread any notice; nor have I seen any media or BB release on the matter.

????
Contributor
Zelion
My Device: bold 9000

Why this thread is continuing ? Sure this thread would stop immediately if BB would announce that this issue will be solved soon.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There won't be a press release with this info. It's just not how it works.

It has been confirmed that the functionality will return this year. I doubt it will be in days or even weeks. It will take some time if they had initially planned not to offer it but now, with such demand, have decided to add it back.

Yes, it's coming. Nobody knows when.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
Gazelle
My Device: Blackberry Z10 switching from Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

________________________________________________________________________________________

I phoned.  That is how.    There is a valid point for us to talk to each other.  This is how we get thngs done.  They are here and reading and even answering some posts.

I am sure they will answer when they have something to say at this point.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I have also phoned as I need to seriously look at my options as the "cloud" is a dealbreaker for me. My carrier is "Rogers" and at the lower levels of support they are telling me that they are not aware of this problem. We are escalated to the point we are awaiting a return call from a Manager. 

It is very important that  we not only infom blackberry through the forums and support methods as we are, but we also inform our carriers so they can also assist us in finding solutions.

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

________________________________________________________________________________

It is very important that  we not only infom blackberry through the forums and support methods as we are, but we also inform our carriers so they can also assist us in finding solutions.

__________________________________________________________________________________

I agree. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Contributor
DamianLoyalBB
My Device: BB Z10

John_Clark you say as follows:

"There won't be a press release with this info. It's just not how it works.

It has been confirmed that the functionality will return this year. .... and Yes, it's coming. Nobody knows when."

So, I'm sorry but, how do you know this? How has this been confirmed? I am not so confident.
Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I was just in a Best Buy in Toronto and spoke with a BlackBerry rep. I asked him about the sync issue and he played it down at first. But after I kept pressing the subject he confirmed that BlackBerry is aware and are working on it. He had no other details, but assured me they are aware. I informed him that "word on the street" is that people (us in this forum) are giving BlackBerry until our carriers return dates.... After that point the damage might be irreparable.