Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: New Blackberry 10 Sync to Outlook

It IS coming. I have heard from sources that I cannot mention and wouldn't have even mentioned it here except that people have been calling, getting escalated to BlackBerry directly and they are telling people it is coming.

It is coming. I wouldn't expect it in the next few weeks but it IS coming this year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
DamianLoyalBB
My Device: BB Z10

Well, I hope you're right John_Clark because if the U.S. media picks up on this problem they will slam BB again, which they so much enjoy to do, before the U.S. launch.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I highly doubt the US media is going to pick up on the fact that the BlackBerry doesn't do what most other phones don't do. I realize that iTunes does it but it is quite limited in its functions. If you have multiple profiles in Outlook, forget it.

That said, it might not be until December...I really don't know. But it will come.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
wjltoronto
My Device: BB10

Now trying to sysnc BB10 to Outlook via yahoo

If I can change track back to trying possible short term workarounds and ask some more help.

I have not been successful with Outlook.com so I changed focus to Yahoo as I have a Yahoo account

If I can get my Outlook folders,calendar and contacts to sync with my Rogers Yahoo account, it in turn will sync with BB10.  Now I know this is not a solution for many but.....

I have successfully added my Yahoo email to Outlook (the Outlook "send a test message" was successful)

I even purchased the Yahoo Plus and subsequently turned on "Access Rogers Yahoo! Mail via POP" in the Yahoo Options section.    But nothing appears to be happening in yahoo.  Any Yahoo gurus out there?  What am I missing.

Contributor
ceathan
My Device: z10

Re: Now trying to sysnc BB10 to Outlook via yahoo

Hi I have had my Z10 for a couple of days now and was also surprised that the desktop software was only sycing media.

I am also using outlook 2010, but, through an exchange server, so the minute I change something on the phone, my laptop or my desktop it is almost immeadiately synced across all platfroms, sooo much beter than the 9800 with the dreaded cable hook up and interminable wait for the BB software to start it thing, cant trecommend it highly enough

Just a thought for other small businesses ;like me!

Either way lets hope BB sorts the out soon.

Trusted Contributor
andrew21212
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

sooo much beter than the 9800 with the dreaded cable hook up and interminable wait for the BB software to start it thing, cant trecommend it highly enough

Just a thought for other small businesses ;like me!

I never thought it was dreaed.  I had mine setup over Bluetooth and  although it did not sync when I was away, it would automatically sync when I pulled into my driveway.  I never even new it was running unles I looked. 

Oh those were the days...  seems soo long ago   .. ( last Monday)       It is a prime example of something I took for granted, now I really  realize how much I appreciated it. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Trusted Contributor
tboyd
My Device: 8530 curve

After reading all the posts I am really confused. I have a playbook an the native email, contacts, callander sync with my work outlook account on my companies exchange server. And this is over wifi and through bridge. From all the posts it appears that the Z10 does not handle email as good as the playbook. I will continuel to follow this thread, because in a few months my carrier might start selling the BB Z10 here in the USA.:Eek:

Guru I
John_Clark

If you're on an Exchange server you have nothing to worry about. This issue doesn't apply. One note, though, Exchange 2010 and higher is required for sync of Notes (Memos) to the Remember app.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10

are your categories in tasks notes contacts and calendar items supported??
Guru I
John_Clark

Nope. However, I never used them anyway.